Jason Stverak is the President of Franklin Center for Government & Public Integrity.
An expert in nonprofit journalism, Jason works to promote social welfare and civil betterment by leading initiatives that advance investigative journalism. His support of nonprofit journalism has played a vital role in exposing corruption in our elected officials and encouraging transparency in government. Through his leadership, Franklin Center has continued to grow and attract talented journalists.
Prior to Franklin Center, he was Regional Field Director for the Sam Adams Alliance, where he worked with state groups and associations committed to promoting the free market policies. Jason also served as North Dakota Executive Director for the Rudy Giuliani Presidential Committee and spent six years as the Executive Director of the North Dakota Republican Party. Jason is a member of the association of Investigative Reporters and Editors (IRE).
A native of Rapid City, SD, he received his BA in Foreign Service and Slavic Studies from Baylor University in 1996 with a minor in economics.
"The Giver" is one of those rare movies that can be a clarion call in the culture – a transcendent story that casts the underpinnings of our worldview: respect for life, love of freedom, belief in God – in an affirming light.Read More »
A self-made millionaire is using his wealth to make it harder for fellow Americans to write their own success stories.Read More »
The soldiers who fell at Gettysburg, Bunker Hill, Iwo Jima, Khe Sanh, and Fallujah were fighting for our children’s right to grow up in a country where they are free to pursue their dreams.Read More »
If lawmakers truly care about the environment, they’ll get the corn out of our gas tanks and back onto the dinner table.Read More »
From his promises on the campaign trail in 2008 to the ongoing health care crisis of 2014, we’ve seen Barack Obama reduced from an orator and champion of the middle class to an ineffective leader lacking the humility and courage to admit that he was wrong.Read More »
Posted: January 9, 2014 at 10:00 am
Obama's administration used park rangers to enforce the shutdown. HHS and IRS employees will be the enforces of Obamacare.Read More »
The chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission needs to work with Congress to enforce laws, but Binz would work outside of Congress to make his own. If Ronald Binz is confirmed, he may slip into bureaucratic anonymity, but when electric bills double, we’ll remember his name.Read More »
"Although Obama and his environmental allies will never admit it, moving forward with the Keystone XL pipeline is unquestionably in America’s best interests."Read More »
Find TheBlaze on your TV
TheBlaze is available on channel .
Spread the word!
If you can't find TheBlaze, please call to upgrade your package
Unfortunately, TheBlaze is not available on .
But you can help! Call at or press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.
But you can help! Press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.Continue
Please complete the form
Thank you for supporting TheBlaze
While you're waiting for your TV provider to get TheBlaze, sign up to watch it online now.
- Michelle Obama's Example of Racism in America: I Was Asked to Get Something Off the Shelf at Target 1.1K Comments
- Jeb Bush: 'I Have Decided to Actively Explore the Possibility of Running for President' 514 Comments
- Sheriff's Deputy's Comments About 'Constitutionalists' Caught on Video Have Led Some to Stage a Protest 428 Comments
- Listener Calls Into Glenn Beck Radio Show With an Incredible Allegation About Michelle Obama's Race Story 349 Comments
- Church Unveils Fiery Billboard Message About Santa Claus Just Days Before Christmas — and See Why the Pastor Is Comparing Him to Satan 337 Comments
- Michelle Obama's Example of Racism in America: I Was Asked to Get Something Off the Shelf at Target 96.3K Shares
- Commentary The World Would Be a Better Place If We All Stopped Taking Pictures of Ourselves 22.4K Shares
- Michelle Obama Recently Cited Alleged Example of Racism at Target — Her Story Sounded Pretty Different When She Told It in 2013 22K Shares
- Texas Theater Plans to Defy Sony Hackers by Screening 'Team America' After Cancellation of 'The Interview' Release (UPDATED) 20.8K Shares
- The Navy's Latest Technological Breakthrough: 'GhostSwimmer' 16.2K Shares
- The Significance Behind the Menorahs at the White House Hanukkah Reception Read More
- ‘Mountain Man’ Reveals How He Landed on ‘Duck Dynasty’, His Take on Faith and Fame — and the Common Critter He Just Loves to Eat Read More
- ‘It’s Scandalous’: Jesus’ Biblical Lineage Like You’ve Never Seen It Before Read More
- ACLU Teams Up With Atheists to Try and Stop Decades-Old Christmas Tradition 135 Comments
- What This Christian Politician Said During a Hanukkah Menorah Lighting Ceremony Is Raising Some Eyebrows Read More
- Three Heroes Keeping American-Made Craftsmanship Alive Read More
- Uber to Focus on Customer Safety Amid Increasing Concerns Read More
- Two Huge U.S. Companies Just Revealed Rotten Earnings Reports Read More
- Sony’s Latest Headache: Former Employees Sue for Failing to Execute ‘Reasonable Security Practices’ Read More
- The Brand New Product That Could Launch Polaroid Into the 21st Century Read More
- This Gadget Lets You Text to Friends in Emergencies Even if Cell Networks Crash Read More
- China Reportedly Tests New Missile That Could Put ‘Entire U.S. at Risk’ Read More
- New York’s Governor Says He’ll Ban Fracking in the State 196 Comments
- The Navy’s Latest Technological Breakthrough: ‘GhostSwimmer’ Read More
- Elderly Couple Forgot Their Keys When They Sat Inside Their Car — Why They Almost Died as a Result 158 Comments
- Read the curious phrasing the State Dept. used to recognize International Migrants Day
- The government wrote a story for BuzzFeed and it totally didn't break the Internet
- The White House statement on Cuba that nobody believes
- A reminder about life in Communist Cuba under the Castro regime, from a former political prisoner of 22 years
- The federal government has a recipe for a healthy winter snack
- Stone Harbor Emerging Markets Income Fund
- Court stops Arizona from denying driver's licenses to immigrants protected from deportation
- Report: Secret Service needs outsider as leader
- 2 states challenge Colorado marijuana legalization
- World War II bomb defused in German city
- Fitch Rates DASNY's $1.03B Personal Income Tax Rev Bonds 'AA+'
- Top Islamic militants killed; more US troops going to Iraq
- President signs legislation ending Nazi benefit checks