Jason Stverak is the President of Franklin Center for Government & Public Integrity.
An expert in nonprofit journalism, Jason works to promote social welfare and civil betterment by leading initiatives that advance investigative journalism. His support of nonprofit journalism has played a vital role in exposing corruption in our elected officials and encouraging transparency in government. Through his leadership, Franklin Center has continued to grow and attract talented journalists.
Prior to Franklin Center, he was Regional Field Director for the Sam Adams Alliance, where he worked with state groups and associations committed to promoting the free market policies. Jason also served as North Dakota Executive Director for the Rudy Giuliani Presidential Committee and spent six years as the Executive Director of the North Dakota Republican Party. Jason is a member of the association of Investigative Reporters and Editors (IRE).
A native of Rapid City, SD, he received his BA in Foreign Service and Slavic Studies from Baylor University in 1996 with a minor in economics.
"The Giver" is one of those rare movies that can be a clarion call in the culture – a transcendent story that casts the underpinnings of our worldview: respect for life, love of freedom, belief in God – in an affirming light.Read More »
A self-made millionaire is using his wealth to make it harder for fellow Americans to write their own success stories.Read More »
The soldiers who fell at Gettysburg, Bunker Hill, Iwo Jima, Khe Sanh, and Fallujah were fighting for our children’s right to grow up in a country where they are free to pursue their dreams.Read More »
If lawmakers truly care about the environment, they’ll get the corn out of our gas tanks and back onto the dinner table.Read More »
From his promises on the campaign trail in 2008 to the ongoing health care crisis of 2014, we’ve seen Barack Obama reduced from an orator and champion of the middle class to an ineffective leader lacking the humility and courage to admit that he was wrong.Read More »
Posted: January 9, 2014 at 10:00 am
Obama's administration used park rangers to enforce the shutdown. HHS and IRS employees will be the enforces of Obamacare.Read More »
The chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission needs to work with Congress to enforce laws, but Binz would work outside of Congress to make his own. If Ronald Binz is confirmed, he may slip into bureaucratic anonymity, but when electric bills double, we’ll remember his name.Read More »
"Although Obama and his environmental allies will never admit it, moving forward with the Keystone XL pipeline is unquestionably in America’s best interests."Read More »
Find TheBlaze on your TV
TheBlaze is available on channel .
Spread the word!
If you can't find TheBlaze, please call to upgrade your package
Unfortunately, TheBlaze is not available on .
But you can help! Call at or press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.
But you can help! Press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.Continue
Please complete the form
Thank you for supporting TheBlaze
While you're waiting for your TV provider to get TheBlaze, sign up to watch it online now.
- Cheerleader's Bold Move During a Moment of Silence That Led Hundreds to Chant in Unison Following Prayer Ban 442 Comments
- 13-Year-Old Kyle Bradford Had a Choice: Share His School Lunch or Throw It Away — His Decision Led to Detention 438 Comments
- Take a Look Inside Satanists' Kids Activity Book That Might Soon Be Handed Out to Public School Students 395 Comments
- Can You Catch the Difference Between How Trey Gowdy and Elijah Cummings Recite the Benghazi Victims' Names at Wednesday's Hearing? 355 Comments
- Coming Soon: When a Cop Points His Radar Gun at You, It Could Detect More Than Just Speeding 351 Comments
- 'Oorah!': The Viral Video of Marines Singing a Popular Christian Worship Song You Just Have to See 52.6K Shares
- Rock Superstar Reveals Path From Drugs, Partying and Despair to Discovering God's 'Unearthly Forgiveness' 46.8K Shares
- Cheerleader's Bold Move During a Moment of Silence That Led Hundreds to Chant in Unison Following Prayer Ban 41.3K Shares
- This Christian Artist Just Trampled Maroon 5 to Score the Top Album in America 39K Shares
- Archaeologists in Poland Make Horrendous Discovery Underneath the Ground That the Nazis Never Wanted Found 31.6K Shares
- Did Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Gay Marriage Comments Violate the Judicial Code of Conduct? 210 Comments
- What Happened After This Family Put Statues of Jesus and the Virgin Mary on Their Lawn Could Spark a Legal Battle 155 Comments
- Rumor Check: What Sadie Robertson Said After Her ‘Dancing With the Stars’ Performance Had People Speculating About Her Grandpa’s Health, But… Read More
- Pastor Is Launching a Massive Effort to Get Christians Out of the Pews — and It Could Transform Hundreds of Churches Read More
- ‘Is There a God?’: Famed Faith Leader’s Incredibly Honest Response to a Journalist’s Question About Faith 224 Comments
- Rush Limbaugh Stunned at Hearing What Richest Man in China Is Saying About Business, Wealth: ‘This Is Unreal!’ 134 Comments
- How a California Restaurant Is Trying to Cheat the Internet With Its ‘Hate Us on Yelp’ Campaign Read More
- Would You Pay Money for a Mason Jar of Oscar-Winning Actor’s Breath? Read More
- American-Made Spotlight: Preserving the Constitution Through Framed Prints Read More
- Is the World Running Out of Diamonds? Read More
- iPhone Sales Specialist Dishes What It’s Like to Sell New Phones Today Read More
- The Year’s Funniest Science: Pork Curing Nosebleeds, ‘Seeing Jesus in Toast’ and Finding Out That Bananas Really Won’t Make You Slip Read More
- Immediately After Purchasing the First iPhone in Perth, Man Does Something Incredibly Embarrassing On Camera Read More
- Investigator Says He Found Multiple ‘Fake Cell Towers’ Near White House, Russian Embassy Read More
- Video Shows Why You Should Take Care Not to Damage Your Phone’s Battery Read More
- White House planning a party for companies that hire immigrants and help them become citizens
- GOP looks to stop government from asking ethnicity of gun buyers
- Can legislation stop government workers from watching porn at work?
- Investigative journalist and radio host: The three imperative questions NOT being asked about Benghazi
- House Republican leader says ground troops may be needed in Iraq
- 5 ways to protect yourself from data breaches
- Police hunker down in ambush suspect's woods
- A's Lester holds Phillies to 5 hits in 7 innings
- With Alibaba's big debut, 10 things to know
- Mexico struggles to return order to Los Cabos
- Athletics 3, Phillies 1
- Guilty verdict in peanut trial should send warning
- Turkey: 49 hostages have been freed