Jason Stverak is the President of Franklin Center for Government & Public Integrity.
An expert in nonprofit journalism, Jason works to promote social welfare and civil betterment by leading initiatives that advance investigative journalism. His support of nonprofit journalism has played a vital role in exposing corruption in our elected officials and encouraging transparency in government. Through his leadership, Franklin Center has continued to grow and attract talented journalists.
Prior to Franklin Center, he was Regional Field Director for the Sam Adams Alliance, where he worked with state groups and associations committed to promoting the free market policies. Jason also served as North Dakota Executive Director for the Rudy Giuliani Presidential Committee and spent six years as the Executive Director of the North Dakota Republican Party. Jason is a member of the association of Investigative Reporters and Editors (IRE).
A native of Rapid City, SD, he received his BA in Foreign Service and Slavic Studies from Baylor University in 1996 with a minor in economics.
"The Giver" is one of those rare movies that can be a clarion call in the culture – a transcendent story that casts the underpinnings of our worldview: respect for life, love of freedom, belief in God – in an affirming light.Read More »
A self-made millionaire is using his wealth to make it harder for fellow Americans to write their own success stories.Read More »
The soldiers who fell at Gettysburg, Bunker Hill, Iwo Jima, Khe Sanh, and Fallujah were fighting for our children’s right to grow up in a country where they are free to pursue their dreams.Read More »
If lawmakers truly care about the environment, they’ll get the corn out of our gas tanks and back onto the dinner table.Read More »
From his promises on the campaign trail in 2008 to the ongoing health care crisis of 2014, we’ve seen Barack Obama reduced from an orator and champion of the middle class to an ineffective leader lacking the humility and courage to admit that he was wrong.Read More »
Posted: January 9, 2014 at 10:00 am
Obama's administration used park rangers to enforce the shutdown. HHS and IRS employees will be the enforces of Obamacare.Read More »
The chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission needs to work with Congress to enforce laws, but Binz would work outside of Congress to make his own. If Ronald Binz is confirmed, he may slip into bureaucratic anonymity, but when electric bills double, we’ll remember his name.Read More »
"Although Obama and his environmental allies will never admit it, moving forward with the Keystone XL pipeline is unquestionably in America’s best interests."Read More »
Find TheBlaze on your TV
TheBlaze is available on channel .
Spread the word!
If you can't find TheBlaze, please call to upgrade your package
Unfortunately, TheBlaze is not available on .
But you can help! Call at or press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.
But you can help! Press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.Continue
Please complete the form
Thank you for supporting TheBlaze
While you're waiting for your TV provider to get TheBlaze, sign up to watch it online now.
- 'Our God Wins': Stephanopoulos Pressed Bobby Jindal on Whether It's the President's Job to 'Lead a Spiritual Revival' — and Here's How He Responded 508 Comments
- That Music That Played Scott Walker on Stage? The Band That Performed It Just Issued an Ultimatum to the Governor 412 Comments
- What Sarah Palin Did in Iowa Left Democrats Saying Two Words: 'Thank You!' 399 Comments
- Co-Founder of One of the Most Popular Christian Bands in History Just Revealed Something Shocking About His Faith 362 Comments
- NAACP Official: Cop Who Fatally Shot Armed Man Is Proof of 'Shoot First and Ask Questions Later' Culture 336 Comments
- Report: Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl to Be Charged for Desertion — Here Are the Details 113.7K Shares
- Marine's Response to Critics of 'American Sniper' Is 1,851 Words. It's Worth It to Read Each One. 30.4K Shares
- Read Hollywood Actor's Scathing Comeback to Failed Presidential Candidate's Attacks on 'American Sniper' 21.2K Shares
- Want to See a Patriots Press Conference Meltdown? Watch the 'SNL' Version 17.5K Shares
- Health Mag Editor Tests Accuracy of Several Fitness Tracking Devices and Stumbles Upon This Inconvenient Truth 12.5K Shares
- The Animal Cages in a Polish Zoo Were Once Used for an Extraordinary Purpose Read More
- Mormon Leaders Reveal ‘Fairness for All’ Approach to Tackle Heated Battle Over Religious Freedom and LGBT Rights During Rare Press Conference 199 Comments
- Hollywood Mega-Director Warns Holocaust Survivors of Modern-Day Anti-Semitism at the Hands of ‘Radical Extremists and Religious Fanatics’ 126 Comments
- Mayor de Blasio Refuses to Drop Church Worship Ban in NYC Public Schools — but This Congregation Isn’t Backing Down Read More
- This Governor’s ‘Charles Darwin Day’ Proclamation Honors the ‘Theory of Evolution’ 290 Comments
- The Final Seconds of This GoDaddy Ad Has Animal Lovers Up in Arms. Now the Company ‘Will Not Air It’ Read More
- Apple Posts Biggest Profit in Its History at $18,000,000,000 Read More
- Americans Bought Tons of New Houses Last Month, and It Could Mean Good Things Are Ahead Read More
- Saudi Arabia Is Spending $7 Billion on an Oil Technique the U.S. Has Already Mastered Read More
- Russia’s Credit Rating Is Officially Junk 106 Comments
- Video: The Incredible Way a Pilot Survived After He Ran out of Fuel Mid-Air Over the Pacific Read More
- Remember the Not-So-Smart Guys Who Allegedly Stole $5,000 and an iPad? Well, They’ve Been Caught and Are Facing Felony Charges Read More
- Health Mag Editor Tests Accuracy of Several Fitness Tracking Devices and Stumbles Upon This Inconvenient Truth 101 Comments
- Lockdown After Mystery Drone Lands Inside the White House Grounds (UPDATE) 132 Comments
- Bill Gates Says the Government Needs to Be Able to ‘See’ Digital Currency Transactions 174 Comments
- HHS says 9.5 million are enrolled in Obamacare, more than its November estimate
- U.S., Cuba admit they don't trust each other…as they're supposedly trying to rebuild their relationship
- Senate Dems give Obama two months to reach a deal with Iran
- Help Doc and Skip name their new on-demand feature!
- How much will Obama's immigration action cost taxpayers? Republicans demand answers.
- Rose's shot lifts Bulls over Warriors 113-111 in overtime
- Hostage Mom's plea to Japan's leader: Please save Kenji
- Mother makes emotional appeal to Japanese leader to save son
- Mother of IS hostage makes tearful appeal to Japan's leader to save her son as deadline looms
- Biotech Crops Show Continued Growth, Benefits in 2014, Global Plantings Increase by 6 Million Hectares
- Serena Williams advances, Venus out of Australian Open
- Group: Israel violated rules of war in strikes on Gaza homes
- Egyptian police criticized over death of female protester