Scott Baker - Editor in Chief
Scott Baker, Editor-in-Chief of The Blaze, is a veteran broadcast journalist, commentator and web news editor with a quarter-century of experience covering news stories of all kinds.
In 2007, Scott co-founded Breitbart.tv. He served as Chief Operating Officer and co-editor of the site for three years. During that time, Breitbart.tv logged more than 175 million page views on nearly 30,000 hand-crafted news video posts. Breitbart.tv has posted some of the most-watched news videos on the Internet and reached peak traffic of more than 10 million page views in a single month.
Scott is also a principal at Hot Metal Media, a video production company in Pittsburgh. HMM produces The B-Cast, a long-form news/talk webcast that airs live weekdays at 4pm ET. More than three million viewers have watched the live or on-demand versions of the show over the past two years, with some 50,000 unique viewers of the live program each month.
Prior to the launch of Breitbart.tv, Scott served as Vice President for Business Development at the busy news aggregation site Breitbart.com. During that time, the site was redesigned and relaunched with a host of new content.
A Virginia native, Scott became interested in broadcasting while working on political campaigns during his school years at Wheaton College (Illinois). He was state president of the Illinois College Republicans and worked on the full-time staff of the Reagan-Bush ‘84 campaign. He graduated from Wheaton with a degree in Political Science.
Scott first met Ronald Reagan after winning the Veterans of Foreign Wars’ Voice of Democracy audio-essay contest during his senior year in high school. Past winners of the Voice of Democracy contest include Charles Kuralt, Anita Bryant, and John Ashcroft.
His broadcast journalism career involved time at the Voice of America in Washington, D.C., CBS News in New York, and at local television stations in Erie, Pennsylvania, and Saginaw, Michigan, and for 13 years as a primary anchor at WTAE-TV in Pittsburgh.
Broadcast news viewers came to know Scott best for both his humor and his skills anchoring and reporting during breaking news events.
Scott is a frequent speaker and seminar leader across the country. For 15 years, he led the Broadcast Journalism School at the Leadership Institute in Arlington, Virginia. Thousands of students attended the intense two-day seminar which focused on strategies for launching successful media careers.
He is also the author of a stage play for young people on the life of the composer Dvorak. This play has been performed at New York’s Carnegie Hall.
Scott has four children and lives with his wife (and some of the younger kids) in Pittsburgh.
Posted: August 30, 2013 at 10:24 am
Posted: April 20, 2013 at 11:07 am
Find TheBlaze on your TV
TheBlaze is available on channel .
Spread the word!
If you can't find TheBlaze, please call to upgrade your package
Unfortunately, TheBlaze is not available on .
But you can help! Call at or press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.
But you can help! Press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.Continue
Please complete the form
Thank you for supporting TheBlaze
While you're waiting for your TV provider to get TheBlaze, sign up to watch it online now.
- Gaining Steam? Nearly 100 Lawmakers Descend on Mount Vernon to Talk Convention of States 576 Comments
- Obama Caught Snapping Selfie at Mandela Memorial 474 Comments
- Rick Warren Stands Up to Piers Morgan: 'I Fear the Disapproval of God More Than I Fear Your Disapproval' 357 Comments
- 'Inexperienced,' 'Powerless' and 'Timid': This May Not Be What MSNBC Expected to Hear from a Focus Group Grading Obama 352 Comments
- Watch What Happens When a Democratic Rep. Decides She Doesn't Want to Answer Questions About Benghazi 322 Comments
- Viral: Airline Stages Magnificent 'Christmas Miracle' for Hundreds of Lucky Passengers 84.4K Shares
- Wait Until You Hear How Many Farm Subsidies Are Going to Groups in...the City of Chicago -- Including One Associated With Louis Farrakhan 34.2K Shares
- Cops Reveal Crucial Detail in Vegas Video of Man Who Appears to Try to 'Knock Woman Out' 29.6K Shares
- Gaining Steam? Nearly 100 Lawmakers Descend on Mount Vernon to Talk Convention of States 29.2K Shares
- Rick Warren Stands Up to Piers Morgan: 'I Fear the Disapproval of God More Than I Fear Your Disapproval' 22.6K Shares
- Pope Francis Named Time Magazine’s ‘Person of the Year’ Read More
- Air Force Base Removes Nativity Display After Group Claims It’s a ‘Direct Violation of the U.S. Constitution’ Read More
- Is Disney Really Diminishing Jesus’ Importance in Its Annual Christmas Show? 167 Comments
- Nine Strangers Came Together to Make a Music Album — Here’s Your Behind-the-Scenes Look at What Happened Next Read More
- Pastor Rides a Horse During Wild Sermon Church Says Led 157 People to Become Christians Read More
- DiGiorno, Supplier Cut Ties With Dairy Farm After Disturbing Video of Animal Abuse Emerges Read More
- The Fed May Wind Down Stimulus Policies Much Sooner Than Expected Read More
- ‘Political Theater’: ‘Google’ Union Plant Explains His Motives Read More
- U.S. Lawmakers Unveil Budget Deal Read More
- ‘We Can’t Afford It’: Obamacare Could Pose a Serious Problem for Volunteer Fire Departments All Across the Country Read More
- 6-Year-Old’s Touching Attempt to Save NASA Read More
- Supposed ‘Google’ Employee Filmed Harassing Anti-Google Protesters Was a Plant Read More
- Rover Finds Evidence of Ancient Freshwater Lake on Mars Read More
- Ex-Official Says FBI Can Secretly Activate an Individual’s Webcam Without the Indicator Light Turning On 394 Comments
- Family Outraged to Find Photo of Fallen Green Beret Being Used for Fake Facebook, Online Dating Accounts Read More
- A dip into the pool reports: hands
- Inventor Kurzweil: No more disease, aging; printable replacement organs
- President Obama sings 'Jingle Bells' in latest 'Baracksdubs' vid
- Video: Democrat congressman pans 'naive' nuclear deal with Iran
- NY Post responds to NY Times homeless series: the city is 'too generous'
- Slovenia says no need for EU bailout
- Nigerian survivor will never go to sea again
- Czech Budvar claims win over AB InBev in Portugal
- Futures head lower for second consecutive day
- Berlusconi rival seeking $41M in moral damages
- Judges step down again in Islamist trial in Egypt
- Bosnia investigates loss of EU funding
- Deficit hawk pans newly-minted budget deal on Hill