Brad Thor, please tell me you’re not a terrorist
Regular readers of this blog know that I love Brad Thor and his Scot Harvath book series. I’ve already called him the “best thriller writer of our time.” Now, I know Brad is really into research — it’s what makes his books so good. As you’re about to hear, he even hangs out with Navy SEALS. Heck, I’m sure his cereal consists of bullets with whole, unpasteurized milk. But I’m a little concerned.
While getting ready to post his interview with Glenn from yesterday regarding the death of OBL, I noticed something odd on the YouTube thumbnail:
What!? Look at it! He’s wearing a keffiyeh, a.k.a. terrorist neck scarf. Brad, please, tell us it isn’t so.
Now, I’m actually very skeptical of those who claim the keffiyeh is always symbolic. People around New York wear them all the time, and I can assure you they don’t do so because they support terrorists. But there are those who think it clearly means you’re making bombs in your basement, enjoy terrorism, or at least are sympathetic to anti-Americanism.
Now, I said I’m skeptical, not someone who outright denies it. (Scott has put me in my place before.) So with that said, I believe we all deserve an answer from Brad about his kefiyeh-wearing. Is he undercover? Channeling a character? Is he cold? Need to keep the sand out his neck? Did he just kill a terrorist with that kick-ass gun in his hand and the scarf is his trophy?
Please, Brad, whatever you say, tell us you’re not a terrorist. Please.
Oh, and here’s his great interview with Glenn:
By the way, Brad’s new book “Full Black” comes out in July.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 973 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 423 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 371 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 283 Comments
- CNN Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Unchanged Since Scandals Hit 255 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 122 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 170 Comments
- Here’s the Inspirational Story of an American Flag Hanging Amid the Oklahoma Tornado’s Destruction Read More
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- Ex-IRS Chief: I Have no Idea How This Conservative Targeting Happened Read More
- Treasury Sec. Ready to Deploy ‘Extraordinary Measures’ as U.S. Hits Debt Limit (Again) Read More
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds 100 Comments
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- ‘First they came for Fox News…’
- Most Republicans not following news about Obama admin’s three scandals ‘very closely’
- Obama DOJ relied on 1917 Espionage Act to target ‘co-conspirator’ Fox News
- Stuart Stevens predicts racist ‘small cable show’ co-hosted by Sharpton, Weiner
- Report: More Benghazi whistleblowers to come forward?
- Protesters chant 'Stop the IRS' in Cincinnati
- More attacks across Iraq kill 13 people
- Police release photos from Tucson shooting rampage
- Power of Moore tornado dwarfs Hiroshima bomb
- Warsaw ghetto insurgent Boruch Spiegel dies at 93
- Face-chewing victim recovering, strumming guitar
- Syria opposition signals tough line on peace talks
- Algerian president leaves Paris military hospital