If he was a Muslim, would Tim Tebow be mocked for his public displays of faith?
Last night’s NFL game ended with the Denver Broncos beating the NY Jets 17-13. The Broncos won the game on a fourth quarter drive that featured QB Tim Tebow’s scrambling and passing skills. Tebow accounted for 92 yards of the 95 yard drive to the end zone that put his team ahead with under a minute left in the game.
After the go-ahead score, Tim Tebow also dropped to a knee to offer a quick prayer of thanks.
The Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow is not shy about showing his Christian faith on the football field. After finishing a great play or scoring a touchdown, he regularly drops to one knee and offers a prayer. This has become known as “Tebowing.”
Tebowing has given comics, late night TV hosts and sportscasters something to talk about. It has even inspired a website that includes photos of people “Tebowing” all around the country. My personal favorites include are found in the “Patriotic” section.
Let me share a couple from the five pages posted here.
As the Tebowing phenomenon grows, so does the chatter about Tim Tebow’s public displays of faith.
Two weeks ago, the ladies of The View spent a little time talking about it with Whoopi Goldberg asking correctly framing the argument, stating that the only discussion should be about Tebow’s skills as a quarterback.
Tim Tebow is now 4-1 as a starter for the Denver Broncos. His success as a quarterback and public displays of faith have also ignited a bit of a discussion as to the appropriateness of these custom jerseys offered by the NFL – featuring Tim Tebow’s number, but the name JESUS on the back.
How do you feel about Tebow’s open expressions of belief in God?
Is Tim Tebow’s faith “fair game” for ridicule by comics?
Would Tebow be mocked if he was a Muslim and shouted “Allahu Akbar” after each touchdown?
Take the poll.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 557 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 507 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 482 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 335 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 333 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 230 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 231 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 141 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- NYC lawsuit alleging Favre sent racy texts settled
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees tragedy behind him
- Journalist and author Haynes Johnson dies at 81
- Report: Yahoo, pay-TV operators among Hulu bidders
- Principal recounts storm hitting Oklahoma school
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- McIlroy, Donald miss cut at BMW PGA Championship
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US