HBO airs trailer for upcoming cable news drama… main character remind you of anyone?
In the midst of an election year, HBO looks to have caught the political junkie bug. After the much politicized “Game Change” made-for-T.V. film chronicling the 2008 McCain-Palin campaign, the biggest original-movie opening crowd for the network in about eight years, HBO is launching two new series in 2012 centered around politics and the media.
“Veep,” a comedy following a quirky and somewhat aloof female vice president played by Julia Louis-Dreyfus, is set for an April 22 premiere and has seen much promotion from the network. Those watching HBO last night before the “Game of Thrones” season 2 premiere (which was epic), got the first look at a trailer for the upcoming HBO cable news drama, “The Newsroom.”
“The Newsroom” is the premium cable debut of Aaron Sorkin, the heralded showrunner for “The West Wing” and “Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip”, and screenwriter for The Social Network and Moneyball. Jeff Daniels will play the lead for the new series: an unraveling anchor of a 24-hour cable news network.
“The Newsroom” is scheduled to premiere June 24.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 440 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 313 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 254 Comments
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 228 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance Read More
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 171 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 118 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 103 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 138 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Syrian opposition urges rebels to join key battle
- Iran's Ahmadinejad denounces election decision
- Trial for captain in deadly shipwreck in Italy
- Target's 1Q profit drops 26 pct on weak sales
- FEMA Chief: Feds won't go 'when the cameras leave'
- Boy Scout leaders to vote on lifting gay ban
- Futures rise; all eyes on the Fed
- Parents face tough choice when tornadoes bear down