OMG: The worst reactions in media to Obama’s support of gay marriage
Since President Barack Obama made his support of gay marriage public, many media figures have been, predictably, annoyingly melodramatic.
But there are some that are so incredibly obnoxious and silly about it that I can hardly breathe anymore. Here’s three of the absolute worst reactions to Obama’s evolution:
1. Openly gay New York Times columnist Frank Bruni said on CNN’s “Piers Morgan Tonight” last week that he got “teary” when he heard the news. Gag.
2. On “The View” today (yes, I watched) openly gay finance expert Suze Orman said she thought she “was going to die on the spot” when she heard the news. Naturally she followed up by asking everyone who is gay and those who know someone who is gay to “please vote for Obama” to “make [gay marriage] a reality.” Even though Obama said he planned on leaving gay marriage up to the states. Gag. Gag. At least she didn’t get “teary.”
3. This is seriously the worst. On NBC’s “The Chris Matthews Show” Sunday, Daily Beast columnist and author of the infamous “First Gay President” Newsweek cover story Andrew Sullivan (also openly gay) actually choked up while saying all of this:
“It’s hugely important and to tell you the truth I didn’t realize how important it would be until it happened. Beforehand I was kind of steeled; I was like, ‘I don’t care, he’s going to disappoint us again.’ And then I sat down and watched our president tell me that I am his equal. And that I’m no longer outside; I’m fully part of this family. And to hear the president, who’s in some ways a father figure, speak to that– the tears came down…
Gag. Gag. Gag. VOMIT!
“This family”?! “A father figure”?! “No longer outside”?! Vomit.
Have a little pride, for God’s sake. Show some sense of self-worth that doesn’t stem from the approval of surrogate daddy. Show some sign that you had a life before Obama finally let you in his “family.”
Okay I’m done.
Watch the lowest form of humanity here:
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 594 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 521 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 498 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 398 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 338 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 333 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 290 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 152 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Balloons bring smiles in war-weary Afghan capital
- Kerry makes sub-Saharan Africa visit
- Seen and heard at the Cannes Film Festival
- Jury foreman says life or death decision unfair
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos
- Mosque blast kills 12 in eastern Afghanistan
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- 16 children, 1 teacher dead in Pakistan bus fire