Obama’s presidential record: 3 years, 100 rounds of golf
President Obama is nearing his 100th round of golf — a significant milestone indeed. How many people outside of Florida’s retirement communities have time to play 100 rounds of golf?
Mitt Romney is pouncing on the president’s centennial round with fresh attacks on Obama’s priorities in office. The Miami Herald reports:
[Obama] tries to keep his golfing out of view, banning news cameras when he can. But his love of the game has taken him to the course nearly 100 times already in his presidency, and election rival Mitt Romney says that’s simply too much in a time of economic anxiety.
“As millions of Americans continue to struggle to find work, President Obama has now played a total of 1,710 holes since taking office,” Romney’s campaign said in a recent release. “A lot of Americans have had to make sacrifices these last four years. We would expect our president to do the same.”
“Governor Romney doesn’t begrudge the president for taking some time off,” Romney aide Ryan Williams said. “But he (Obama) has spent an excessive amount of time golfing and vacationing over the last three years instead of keeping his eye on the ball on economic issues.”
Obama’s critics are also making hay of the president’s time spent on the links:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 508 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 470 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 463 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 323 Comments
- ‘War in London Tonight’: Rioters Clash With Police Over ‘Cleaver’ Terror Attack (Plus: Read About Hero Mother Who Reportedly Confronted Killers) 293 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 113 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 214 Comments
- Faith-Healing Parents Charged With Murder for Refusing Kids’ Medical Care — Should They Go to Prison? 149 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 116 Comments
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- What vitally important issue is the NY state legislature debating?
- Feel-good story of the day: 3D printers aren’t just for guns
- Obama admin becomes ABC’s ‘Scandal’
- Was Gibson Guitar raid another example of political targeting by Obama DOJ?
- Code Pink protester pretended to be journalist so she could heckle Obama
- Judge orders more monitoring for Cowboys DT
- Damage reported from magnitude-5.7 quake in Calif.
- Syria targeted Israeli jeep going to rebel village
- Nadal could get Djokovic in French Open semifinals
- Woman in Berlusconi case denies her own statements
- Oklahoma gets far more than its share of disasters
- Latest 'Bachelorette' won't say if she's engaged
- Netflix hoping for memorable Memorial Day weekend