A majority of voters are unfamiliar with the failed solar panel maker Solyndra after a strong GOP push to make the federally backed company’s failure a political liability for President Obama, a new poll shows.
But voters that have heard of the California company, which collapsed after receiving more than a half-billion dollars in taxpayer-backed loans, have an overwhelmingly negative view.
The NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll shows that 58 percent of registered voters are unaware or unsure of the company, which went bankrupt in 2011 after receiving an Energy Department loan guarantee in 2009 to manufacture advanced solar panels.
Twenty-five percent of respondents had a negative view of Solyndra, 15 percent were neutral and just 2 percent held a positive view on the subect, according to the survey conducted in late September.
Find TheBlaze on your TV
TheBlaze is available on channel .
Spread the word!
If you can't find TheBlaze, please call to upgrade your package
Unfortunately, TheBlaze is not available on .
But you can help! Call at or press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.
But you can help! Press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.Continue
Please complete the form
Thank you for supporting TheBlaze
While you're waiting for your TV provider to get TheBlaze, sign up to watch it online now.
- NBC Reporter Is NOT Amused by Crazy Guy Who Grabbed the Mic and Ruined His Report With Obscenity
- The Baffling Story of How a Woman’s Mummified Body Went Undiscovered in Her Garage for as Long as Six Years
- Woman Calls 911 to Plead for Help After Alleged Assault – When Officers Arrived, She Says She Got the Opposite
- Caught on Video: Mother Confronts Young Daughter's Alleged Bully – Things Quickly Spin Out of Control
- This May Be the Most Incompetent Robbery Attempt in Recent Philadelphia History