A majority of voters are unfamiliar with the failed solar panel maker Solyndra after a strong GOP push to make the federally backed company’s failure a political liability for President Obama, a new poll shows.
But voters that have heard of the California company, which collapsed after receiving more than a half-billion dollars in taxpayer-backed loans, have an overwhelmingly negative view.
The NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll shows that 58 percent of registered voters are unaware or unsure of the company, which went bankrupt in 2011 after receiving an Energy Department loan guarantee in 2009 to manufacture advanced solar panels.
Twenty-five percent of respondents had a negative view of Solyndra, 15 percent were neutral and just 2 percent held a positive view on the subect, according to the survey conducted in late September.
Find TheBlaze on your TV
TheBlaze is available on channel .
Spread the word!
If you can't find TheBlaze, please call to upgrade your package
Unfortunately, TheBlaze is not available on .
But you can help! Call at or press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.
But you can help! Press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.Continue
Please complete the form
Thank you for supporting TheBlaze
While you're waiting for your TV provider to get TheBlaze, sign up to watch it online now.
- After This Drumming Spectacle, You Have to Wonder If Church Worship Band Members Let Him Twirl a Stick With Them Again
- Legendary Baltimore Ravens Linebacker Might Be Wishing He Kept His Statement About Ray Rice Short and Sweet
- NASA's Maven Explorer Now Orbiting Mars After 442 Million-Mile Journey
- Michigan's Republican Governor Seems to Have Sent Big Snub to Controversial Left-Wing Filmmaker
- Three Afghan Soldiers in U.S. for Training Reported Missing From Cape Cod Base