On Fox News: ‘Cranky old man’; MSNBC: ‘I give it to Joe Biden’
Reaction among the chattering class to tonight’s V.P. presidential debate largely centered on one thing: Vice President Joe Biden’s personality.
A round-up of immediate reaction from the chattering class to tonight’s vice presidential debate…
CNN poll of “debate watchers” found 48 percent say Ryan won, 44 percent say Biden.
CBS’s poll of uncommitted voters show 50 percent picked Joe Biden as the winner while 31 percent thought Rep. Paul Ryan won.
“I give it to Joe Biden.”– Chris Matthews
“We were all much more riveted than we were in last week’s debate.”– Rachel Maddow.
On Fox News:
“[Vice President Joe Biden] was so disrespectful… and hugely condescending. I think that undid the force of his argument.”– Charles Krauthammer.
Chris Wallace said Biden was “openly disrespectful.” He referenced the “smiles, head shakings, the mugging,” and called it an “unprecedented performance.”
Wallace also said Ryan “wasn’t big enough” on “a lot of the issues.”
“It looked like a cranky old man debating a polite young man.”– Brit Hume.
Hume also said of Biden’s “smirking, laughing, smiling, mugging… It was so compelling, people probably couldn’t take their eyes off it.”
“I was surprised that I didn’t like [Biden].”– Greta Van Susteren.
Van Jones on CNN said Ryan “was sitting there, holding his own and I think you can see him as president.”
“That condescending smiling, smirking, laughing…,” said Republican Strategist Mary Matalin. Democratic Strategist Paul Begala called Matalin’s critique “nonsense.”
“It was almost like [Biden] was saying, ‘Boy, let me teach you something…’”– Norah O’Donnell.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 524 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 486 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 466 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 325 Comments
- ‘War in London Tonight’: Rioters Clash With Police Over ‘Cleaver’ Terror Attack (Plus: Read About Hero Mother Who Reportedly Confronted Killers) 294 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor Read More
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 115 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 123 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 116 Comments
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 131 Comments
- 'Horrified' trucker watches I-5 bridge collapse
- Obama OKs honor for Birmingham bombing victims
- Suspect in killing of officer found dead in cell
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US
- Delta ups the ante in battle for NY travel market
- Man charged with stalking Jennifer Lawrence's kin
- A-Rod sells Miami Beach home for $30M
- Snooki: NJ Gov Christie 'just doesn't like us'