Thank you, Mitt Romney
While most of the focus of today will be on President Obama’s reelection victory, I want to take a second to acknowledge the immeasurable hard work and sacrifice of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan.
I’ll admit it — Mitt wasn’t my guy in the primaries. But when he secured the nomination, I put our few ideological differences aside to join him in supporting the many other things we have in common. As the campaign went on, he grew on me — especially after he plucked Ryan from national obscurity and confronted serious issues lesser men would have never touched (ahem, Barack). He ran a good campaign, a clean campaign. While President Obama disgraced his office with mudslinging class warfare and immature name-calling, Romney kept his eye on the bigger picture: the future of our country.
At the end of the day, I respect Mitt Romney. I’m proud to have been represented in this election by a man who carried himself with dignity, even when he faced vicious & narrow-minded attacks on his personal character, his work ethics and his faith. And to the families of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan, we also owe immense thanks — they have all sacrificed so much for the past 18 months, not for personal gain but for the good of our country.
Mitt Romney may have lost yesterday’s election, but as he said in his most gracious concession speech, he “left everything on the field.” For that, we owe him our sincere gratitude.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 507 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 465 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 463 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 323 Comments
- ‘War in London Tonight’: Rioters Clash With Police Over ‘Cleaver’ Terror Attack (Plus: Read About Hero Mother Who Reportedly Confronted Killers) 293 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 113 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 211 Comments
- Faith-Healing Parents Charged With Murder for Refusing Kids’ Medical Care — Should They Go to Prison? 144 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 116 Comments
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- What vitally important issue is the NY state legislature debating?
- Feel-good story of the day: 3D printers aren’t just for guns
- Obama admin becomes ABC’s ‘Scandal’
- Was Gibson Guitar raid another example of political targeting by Obama DOJ?
- Code Pink protester pretended to be journalist so she could heckle Obama
- Rare Superman comic found in house insulation
- Barrick fined $16m for Pascua-Lama violations
- Suspect in killing of officer found dead in cell
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer post Sandy
- 16 hurt in shuttle bus crash near Atlanta airport
- Obama's drone speech could improve Pakistan ties
- Iran presidential candidate vows to resist West
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted, 2 men arrested