Mailbag: Election condolences from France
I received this email in my inbox today from a reader in France and thought it’d be good to share with y’all. Conservatives may have lost the battle this week, but the war goes on — and we’re not alone:
Good evening, (sorry for my english)
I hope that is the right place to thank The Blaze.
I listen The Blaze almost everyday since 3 months and I want to thank you for your great job. You are great, all of you: Glenn Beck, Jay Severin, Pat and Stu, everyone. But I don’t only send this mail to thank you.
I’m not an american, I’m french who live in France, and I want to tell you that I’m so sorry for your country. The last thing I want for your country is that it became as mine.
The last time I went to America I was 12 and George H. Bush was President, good old time huh ? I really love America, not because of music or football, or Hollywood. I love your country for really good reasons. I love America because of your Constitution, because this is a country who said that rights comes from God, not from gouvernement. I love your history too: the Americain Revolution, George Washington, Abe Lincoln, General Custer. And now I’m stunned, I follow the elections all night long and it was a nightmare, a Nightmare.
I’m realy worried for you, I know what socialism is, I live in a country who would vote for Obama at 90, 95%. That broke my heart and my mom’s heart. I’ll pray for the american people because that will be tough for you.
So keep your faith, keep your courage.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 488 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 453 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 437 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 334 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 321 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ Read More
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 152 Comments
- Faith-Healing Parents Charged With Murder for Refusing Kids’ Medical Care — Should They Go to Prison? Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 114 Comments
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- AP source: FIFA task force seeks 5-game racism ban
- Kenya's mental hospital drugs, confines patients
- 18 hurt in shuttle bus crash near Atlanta airport
- UN chief challenges African leaders over Congo
- Madrid's Catholic Church says it needs exorcists
- Fire official: 18 injured in crash between shuttle bus, tractor-trailer near Atlanta airport
- Obama: Sexual assault threatens trust in military
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load