Disgraced CIA head named ‘most fascinating’ person of 2012?
Before he became the head of the Central Intelligence Agency, Gen. David Petraeus was already a pretty fascinating personality. But it wasn’t his big promotion which led him to top Barbara Walters’ list of the year’s “most fascinating” people — it was his spectacular fall from grace amidst a Washington sex scandal and international cover-up:
On her Wednesday night ABC special, Barbara Walters named Gen. David Petraeus as her Most Fascinating person of 2012.
“We argued for months,” over the choice, said Walters.
“David Petraeus was not chosen this year for his war record or his exemplary service to his country,” said Walters. “This is about military honor, colliding with sex and lies in the digital age.”
This year marks Petraeus’ second appearance at the top of Walters’ annual list since 2010.
Other newsmakers on the “10 Most Fascinating People of 2012″ list this year:
• Fifty Shades of Grey author E.L. James
• Actor Ben Affleck
• New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie
• Olympic gold medalist Gabby Douglas
• Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
• British boy-band One Direction
• 2013 Oscars host and creator of TV’s Family Guy , Seth MacFarlane
• Prince Harry and Honey Boo Boo were also featured on the list but were not interviewed.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 975 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 424 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 371 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 284 Comments
- CNN Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Unchanged Since Scandals Hit 255 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 126 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 171 Comments
- Here’s the Inspirational Story of an American Flag Hanging Amid the Oklahoma Tornado’s Destruction Read More
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- Ex-IRS Chief: I Have no Idea How This Conservative Targeting Happened Read More
- Treasury Sec. Ready to Deploy ‘Extraordinary Measures’ as U.S. Hits Debt Limit (Again) Read More
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds 100 Comments
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- ‘First they came for Fox News…’
- Most Republicans not following news about Obama admin’s three scandals ‘very closely’
- Obama DOJ relied on 1917 Espionage Act to target ‘co-conspirator’ Fox News
- Stuart Stevens predicts racist ‘small cable show’ co-hosted by Sharpton, Weiner
- Report: More Benghazi whistleblowers to come forward?
- Protesters chant 'Stop the IRS' in Cincinnati
- More attacks across Iraq kill 13 people
- Police release photos from Tucson shooting rampage
- Power of Moore tornado dwarfs Hiroshima bomb
- Warsaw ghetto insurgent Boruch Spiegel dies at 93
- Face-chewing victim recovering, strumming guitar
- Syria opposition signals tough line on peace talks
- Algerian president leaves Paris military hospital