Retractable steel walls? Here are some other ideas to secure our schools
In terms of beefing up security in schools across the country, liberals have been quick to dismiss the idea of arming school officials in the wake of last week’s deadly shooting in Newtown, Conn. That isn’t to say, however, that they aren’t offering up alternatives of their own.
Take, for instance, Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee’s genius idea to install retractable steel walls in schools, designed to keep potential attackers out. She didn’t (but I’m assuming she meant to) mention how the security system will detect potential attackers and trigger the motorized steel walls to shut down the school before they can enter. I’m imagining some sort of Minority Report-like system that predicts crimes before they happen. Either that or a security device that will ask visitors whether they are at the school to a) attend a PTA meeting or b) to kill people. If the intruder responds that they indeed intend to kill, a secret trap door will drop the perp down into a pool of alligators. Or fire ants.
Speaking of alligators, wouldn’t it be easier to just dig a moat around the school and fill it with the hungry crocodilians? Surely this would be a more cost-effective solution than steel walls. You could lower the draw bridge when non-violent visitors arrive and for routine fire drills. They’d also be good fun for kids during recess:
We could also keep a litter of vicious attack dogs at each school and “release the hounds” whenever trouble arises. Oooh, or how about man-eating lions? I’m sure Sheila Jackson Lee failed to mention these options in error.
What are some other security measures you think could help keep our schools safe that a) don’t involve arming any law-abiding citizens, and b) are as viable as the installation of giant retractable steel walls? Be sure to let us know with a comment!
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 487 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 473 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 463 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 363 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 329 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control Read More
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 140 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 104 Comments
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 120 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Watch the other hand: Immigration reform advances under cover of scandals
- Bill O’Reilly counts calories, orders salad at fried-food restaurant
- ‘Middle class champion’ Elizabeth Warren joins Senate Millionaires Club
- Matt Drudge calls MSNBC host ‘squirrely’…
- Emails suggest Treasury delayed alerting Congress to Tea Party targeting scheme
- 26 killed in 2 simultaneous car bombs in Niger
- Body of child found in deadly Minn. landslide
- Court cancels Ukraine's first gay pride rally
- WHO: 22 deaths worldwide from coronavirus
- Between economy and trouble, Obama approval steady
- UN chief visits Goma, Congo
- UK attack suspects part of previous investigations
- Shuttered NM plant resumes making peanut butter