Here’s the homemade bunny dress a wife worried people on Reddit would say mean things about — but did they?
The Internet can be a cruel, mean, scary place where anonymity allows anyone to say just about whatever they want — it’s often not positive. So, when a husband told his wife to post a picture of her homemade bunny dress — yes, that’s a dress for a rabbit — she was worried about what people would say.
According to the thread on Reddit, the redditor (this is what people on Reddit are called) named opensourcedave wrote that his wife said “what if people say mean things about it?” A valid question given that you can write about someone selflessly helping out a homeless person and people will write mean things about it.
Well, they posted the photo anyway and more than 1,400 comments later, you might be surprised at how many are positive. Sure, there are the mean, sarcastic and completely off topic comments, but when you couple a wife proud of her bunny dress who is afraid an Internet troll will say something mean about her creation, could people really, truly respond in the fashion she so feared?
Commenters have said things like “this dress makes me want to be a better person.” Others praised the outfit as a whole, complete with a bow. And still others said the adorable image simply made their day.
If nothing else, this Reddit thread is at least a good example of the lesson parents often teach their children when they have nothing nice to say. If you don’t remember it, let Thumper from Disney’s Bambi tell you (Please take not of how appropriate this is considering it’s coming from a rabbit):
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,037 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 437 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 313 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 252 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 156 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 226 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 110 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 134 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Garcetti builds growing lead as LA picks new mayor
- Iran's Ahmadinejad denounces election decision
- 600 police photos of Tucson rampage scene released
- Chinese premier begins 2-day visit to Pakistan
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- Republican divisions may hinder party's momentum
- House panel seeks to curb military sexual assaults
- Amid immigration reform, calls to change asylums