Calm down! Michelle Obama did not ‘intrude’ on, ‘crash’ or ‘hijack’ the Oscars
By some reports, you’d think Michelle Obama had set up her own camera crew at the White House and interrupted last night’s Academy Awards via satellite to demand $100 million (or at least more Oscars for Django Unchained).
“Obama crashes Oscars,” read the Drudge Report‘s headline.
Washington Post‘s conservative blogger Jennifer Rubin said that Obama clearly felt “entitled … to intrude” on the occasion.
A headline from Breitbart News said Obama “interrupts: hijacks the Oscars.”
That’s not what happened…
The daughter of movie mogul Harvey Weinstein cooked up the
scheme idea, according to The Hollywood Reporter:
According to Academy president Hawk Koch, the plan came from Weinstein and his daughter, Lily. Koch and Oscar show producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron loved the idea. And when it was pitched to the first lady, Zadan told The Hollywood Reporter that her response was, “Yes, I think it’s a great idea. We watch movies all the time at the White House. Let’s do it.”
Maybe some people didn’t want to see Obama there. But let’s agree that she didn’t blow a hole through the ceiling and toss in a smoke bomb before swiping actress Quvenzhane Wallis‘s dog purse.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 440 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 421 Comments
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 387 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 320 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 151 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 132 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 124 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 239 Comments
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 250 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 115 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- AP Source: Coach K returning to US men's team
- Jury deciding Arias' sentence adjourns for day
- FBI: Arrest made in Wash. ricin letter scare
- Family Ties: Jarrett, Petty enter NASCAR hall
- Top AEG lawyer referred to Jackson as 'freak'
- In Arias trial, TV cameras never far behind
- Float driver says train seemed still before crash
- WW II photo-documentarian Wayne Miller dies at 94