It’s not just the IRS that treats groups on the right differently from the rest. According to documents obtained by the Competitive Enterprise Institute, the Environmental Protection Agency is in on it too.
Public records produced by EPA in response to a lawsuit filed by CEI under the Freedom of Information Act illustrate a pattern of making it far more difficult for limited-government groups – in particular those who argue for more freedom and less EPA – to access public records.
Such groups are precisely those Congress and courts made clear FOIA was intended to protect from fees being used as a hurdle to obtaining information, without prejudice as to their perspective. Worse, CEI has now obtained proof of the spectacularly disparate nature of the practice, specifically revealing extraordinarily favorable treatment of the same green groups it’s been shown to be collaborating with on its agenda.
Find TheBlaze on your TV
TheBlaze is available on channel .
Spread the word!
If you can't find TheBlaze, please call to upgrade your package
Unfortunately, TheBlaze is not available on .
But you can help! Call at or press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.
But you can help! Press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.Continue
Please complete the form
Thank you for supporting TheBlaze
While you're waiting for your TV provider to get TheBlaze, sign up to watch it online now.
- CNN Interview With Russian TV Host Devolves Into Nearly 12-Minute Shouting Match: 'You Have to Live with What You Do for a Living'
- ISIS Militants Reportedly Force Iraqi Shop Owners to Cover-Up Mannequins' Faces
- The Top Three Things the Media and Politicians Aren't Telling you About Medicaid Expansion
- Put a Silencer on a Shotgun and This Is What It Sounds Like
- Planned Parenthood Counselor Talks 'Karma Sutra', Tells 'Teen' Where to Get Guidance on 'Sex and Kinkiness'