The move will fuel speculation that Brown intends to challenge New Hampshire’s Democratic U.S. Senator Jeanne Shaheen, who is seeking re-election next year. Brown lost his Massachusetts Senate seat to Democrat Elizabeth Warren in 2012.
Republicans need a net gain of six seats in the 2014 midterms to take control of the Senate. The party already has a majority in the U.S. House.
A former New Hampshire governor, Shaheen, 66, was elected in 2008 with 52 percent of the vote in a three-way race, according to the New Hampshire Secretary of State’s office data. Two Republicans, former state Senator Jim Rubens and activist Karen Testerman, already have announced intentions to challenge Shaheen.
Find TheBlaze on your TV
TheBlaze is available on channel .
Spread the word!
If you can't find TheBlaze, please call to upgrade your package
Unfortunately, TheBlaze is not available on .
But you can help! Call at or press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.
But you can help! Press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.Continue
Please complete the form
Thank you for supporting TheBlaze
While you're waiting for your TV provider to get TheBlaze, sign up to watch it online now.
- Do your own homework: For The Record’s research for ‘Armed and Unaccountable’
- Questions submitted to the U.S. Army from The Blaze for "Armed and Unaccountable"
- 'For The Record' and 'Real News Investigates' Live Blog: 4/23
- Barbara Boxer, Mark Steyn and Strom Thurmond walk into an elevator...epic creepiness ensues
- Mark Steyn speaks with TheBlaze on his new book, and everything from global warming to Common Core to the First Amendment