50 Things Liberals Love to Hate
Then again, when it comes to the left-winged species, there are a plethora of curiosities to observe in its natural habitat—and only so many hours in so many days to write about one’s hypotheses and conclusions.
To that end conservative talk show host and commentator Mike Gallagher offers a provocative primer with his new book, 50 Things Liberals Love to Hate.
And Gallagher is nothing if not understanding; he knows it’s hard work being a liberal these days. In fact, it’s downright lonely…and often a sting to the wallet keeping up the image.
Not only do a whopping 20 percent of Americans identify themselves as liberal, but one could go broke supporting a skinny double-decaf Starbucks habit.
(Natural selection is indeed a bitter cup of java to swallow.)
What’s more, when you despise things most Americans love, it’s altogether exhausting when your left-leaning sworn duty is to endlessly correct/educate/fix/enlighten poor conservative dullards out there who just want to enjoy their lives.
Gallagher has likened 50 Things Liberals Love to Hate as not only truth spoken with love (and trust us, plenty of humor and wit), but also an open invitation to the disenfranchised: In other words, It’s not too late, liberals, to join the fun! C’mon and crack open a cold one and throw another T-bone on the grill!
But also kindly check your disdain at the door when it comes to:
- WALMART: How about a handmade, locally sourced flat-screen television instead?
- STEAKHOUSES: There’s no steamed tofu on this menu.
- McDONALD’S: The stranger in the playground handing out candy to children.
- FLAG PINS: It’s okay to love America, but not enough to wear it on your lapel.
- FOOTBALL: War with cleats and pads.
- THE V-8 ENGINE: There’s just something plain wrong about all that power and freedom under the control of one person.
- SUCCESS: When you make more money than the rest of us, it hurts our feelings.
- THE FOUNDING FATHERS: A bunch of old white guys who are making it nearly impossible for modern government to pick our doctors, teach our children, correct our diets, and save our money.
. . . and 42 other things that have liberals packing some serious hate.
And speaking of the ol’ h-word, Gallagher recently reported that Facebook refused to sell him ad space for 50 Things because of the word hate in the book’s title.
“My publisher Simon & Schuster and I were going to put banner ads on Facebook,” Gallagher said on Fox News, “and Facebook literally told the publisher, ‘we won’t accept the ad because it has the word hate in the title.’”
Gallagher went on to say that Facebook received “some complaints from people who don‘t like the [book's] title.” (Admittedly not too dissimilar to Facebook caving in to all those complaints over “Timeline” and…oh wait…)
Here’s Gallagher discussing his book on Newsmax TV:
Here’s an in-depth look at Gallagher talking about 50 Things Liberals Love to Hate at the Nixon Library (what…you were expecting the Clinton Library?)
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 982 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 426 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 378 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 291 Comments
- ‘Arrogance…Abuse of Power…Rotten to the Core’: Paul Ryan Steamed Over IRS, Benghazi 198 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 139 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 175 Comments
- Here’s the Inspirational Story of an American Flag Hanging Amid the Oklahoma Tornado’s Destruction Read More
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- Ex-IRS Chief: I Have no Idea How This Conservative Targeting Happened Read More
- Treasury Sec. Ready to Deploy ‘Extraordinary Measures’ as U.S. Hits Debt Limit (Again) Read More
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds 100 Comments
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Surprise: The IRS leans left — way left
- ‘First they came for Fox News…’
- Most Republicans not following news about Obama admin’s three scandals ‘very closely’
- Obama DOJ relied on 1917 Espionage Act to target ‘co-conspirator’ Fox News
- Stuart Stevens predicts racist ‘small cable show’ co-hosted by Sharpton, Weiner
- Garcia, Woods take their shots at each other
- Top figures barred from Iran's June ballot
- Deal on bin Laden evidence made in WikiLeaks case
- Los Angeles picking mayor after low-drama campaign
- ESPN cutting workforce, 'smartly managing costs'
- Lawyer: No background check done on Jackson doctor
- Rapper Chief Keef arrested at hotel near Atlanta
- Ex-Ford execs charged in Argentine torture cases