Then again, when it comes to the left-winged species, there are a plethora of curiosities to observe in its natural habitat—and only so many hours in so many days to write about one’s hypotheses and conclusions.
To that end conservative talk show host and commentator Mike Gallagher offers a provocative primer with his new book, 50 Things Liberals Love to Hate.
And Gallagher is nothing if not understanding; he knows it’s hard work being a liberal these days. In fact, it’s downright lonely…and often a sting to the wallet keeping up the image.
Not only do a whopping 20 percent of Americans identify themselves as liberal, but one could go broke supporting a skinny double-decaf Starbucks habit.
(Natural selection is indeed a bitter cup of java to swallow.)
What’s more, when you despise things most Americans love, it’s altogether exhausting when your left-leaning sworn duty is to endlessly correct/educate/fix/enlighten poor conservative dullards out there who just want to enjoy their lives.
Gallagher has likened 50 Things Liberals Love to Hate as not only truth spoken with love (and trust us, plenty of humor and wit), but also an open invitation to the disenfranchised: In other words, It’s not too late, liberals, to join the fun! C’mon and crack open a cold one and throw another T-bone on the grill!
But also kindly check your disdain at the door when it comes to:
- WALMART: How about a handmade, locally sourced flat-screen television instead?
- STEAKHOUSES: There’s no steamed tofu on this menu.
- McDONALD’S: The stranger in the playground handing out candy to children.
- FLAG PINS: It’s okay to love America, but not enough to wear it on your lapel.
- FOOTBALL: War with cleats and pads.
- THE V-8 ENGINE: There’s just something plain wrong about all that power and freedom under the control of one person.
- SUCCESS: When you make more money than the rest of us, it hurts our feelings.
- THE FOUNDING FATHERS: A bunch of old white guys who are making it nearly impossible for modern government to pick our doctors, teach our children, correct our diets, and save our money.
. . . and 42 other things that have liberals packing some serious hate.
And speaking of the ol’ h-word, Gallagher recently reported that Facebook refused to sell him ad space for 50 Things because of the word hate in the book’s title.
“My publisher Simon & Schuster and I were going to put banner ads on Facebook,” Gallagher said on Fox News, “and Facebook literally told the publisher, ‘we won’t accept the ad because it has the word hate in the title.’”
Gallagher went on to say that Facebook received “some complaints from people who don‘t like the [book’s] title.” (Admittedly not too dissimilar to Facebook caving in to all those complaints over “Timeline” and…oh wait…)
Here’s Gallagher discussing his book on Newsmax TV:
Here’s an in-depth look at Gallagher talking about 50 Things Liberals Love to Hate at the Nixon Library (what…you were expecting the Clinton Library?)