Cowards: What Politicians, Radicals, and the Media Refuse to Say
But the biggest cowards out there would have us believe the opposite.
Cowards insist we avert our eyes from the facts, from common sense, and ignore the evidence that says our economy has been (and is still being) targeted by terrorists who want to topple it just as they toppled the Twin Towers on Sept. 11, 2001.
Cowards want us to accept that America’s two-party political system is working just fine—despite the fact that elected officials typically bail on campaign promises and fail to solve the problems they were put in office to address.
Cowards want us to believe that American public education is properly preparing our children to complete in a global marketplace.
Cowards would have us stay silent in the face of the rapid expansion of Islamic extremism and progressive ideology disguised as spirituality (i.e., Jim Wallis)—then shout us down as “conspiracy theorists” if we dare open our mouths.
Glenn Beck’s had enough of the PC posturing and spineless attitudes. And he lays it all out, issue by maddening issue, in his latest book, Cowards. Here Beck brings into the sunlight 13 of them that cowards would prefer we not address, including:
- The progressive mantra that says capitalism has failed. (It hasn’t);
- The rise of our new police state;
- How libertarian has become a dirty word;
- A monolithic media that ignores these issues and instead opts for shallow sound bytes and anything else that grab headlines, no matter how vacant or inconsequential or far flung from the truth.
And Cowards is no philosophical rant about the abject state of our planet. Rather Beck’s points and conclusions are measured and sober, backed by solid documentation from a wealth of sources.
The chapter on “Economic Terrorism: Financial Weapons of Mass Destruction” is just one example. In it Beck examines an array of evidence, much that’s right there for all of us in the public record—which, per usual, doesn’t receive meaningful media attention, and definitely not analysis—and breaks it down and makes sense of the information that the cowards would prefer stay under wraps. At the end of the massive string of data, Beck notably warns:
Do we really want to be the country that, once again, looks back and asks How could this have happened? Wouldn’t it be much better to connect the dots, imagine the unimaginable, and take whatever precautions are necessary to ensure that our economy—a great source of our strength—does not become the source of our collapse?
Check out Beck’s radio segment that pits George Soros against Herbert Hoover—and leaves it to you to vote on who’s the biggest coward. (This different sort of playoff “bracket” is indeed bathed in much whimsy—Glenn, Pat, and Stu are calling it the “100 Years of Cowards Tournament,” after all—but as you’ll tell from the video, the fun is founded on hard truths.)
This stuff isn’t easy to hear, Beck readily admits. Certainly it takes less effort and trouble and heartache to pretend as though these issues aren’t becoming more problematic while we sit around and do nothing about them.
But Beck declares that it’s time to take the blinders off, even if it means great struggle. That’s the essence of Cowards. As a quote attributed to President James Garfield made clear: “The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.”
And the pursuit of truth, Beck contends, ultimately will pay dividends and “out” the cowards’ agendas:
The cowards have had their way for far too long. By concealing themselves in the darkness, they’ve advanced an agenda that has brought America to the brink. Only the bright sunlight of truth can expose them for who they really are.
- Kids Brutally Vandalize Man’s Family Home — But Now He’s the One Facing Jail Time 663 Comments
- Does the Bible Predict God’s End-Times Destruction of Syria — and Is Prophecy About to Unfold Before Our Eyes? 497 Comments
- ‘Free at Last’: La. State Senator Explains Why He Recently Left the ‘Government Plantation’ & Joined GOP in Powerful Video 387 Comments
- This Scathing Magazine Cover of the ‘Real’ Rand Paul Has Apparently Not Been Photoshopped in Any Way 321 Comments
- Proof-of-Citizenship Voter Law Struck Down by Supreme Court — and Guess Who Voted with the Majority 287 Comments
Find TheBlaze on your TV
TheBlaze is available on channel .
Spread the word!
If you can't find TheBlaze, please call to upgrade your package
Unfortunately, TheBlaze is not available on .
But you can help! Call at or press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.
But you can help! Press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.Continue
Please complete the form
Thank you for supporting TheBlaze
Interested in doing more? Spread the word about TheBlaze to your friends and family.
Spread the word!
- Spurs and Heat tied at 95 to OT in Game 6
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- North Carolina ousts Tigers from CWS with 4-2 win
- Australian jailed for life for rape, murder
- Asia Markets mostly down as investors eye Fed
- UCLA defeats Wolfpack 2-1 at College World Series
- Wheeler, Harvey lead Mets' sweep of Braves
- Tropical depression heads toward southern Mexico