Divider-in-Chief: The Fraud of Hope and Change
When Barack Obama ran on a platform of “hope and change” in 2008, he promised to unite the country. But author Kate Obenshain reveals that President Obama has done exactly the opposite over the last four years.
Rather than seeking common-sense, pro-American solutions, Obama has pursued far-left policies, instituted a radical leftist agenda, and fostered a divisive attitude (which runs through his entire administration) that’s condescending toward and dismissive of Main Street America.
As a result, America has become a nation of even greater polarization and disillusionment.
In Divider-in-Chief: The Fraud of Hope and Change, Obenshain paints a picture of a president who promotes class warfare, which in turn aggravates racial, gender, and economic differences…and in the end, it’s all a tool to advance his ideological agenda.
Here’s Obenshain discussing Divider-in-Chief with Human Events:
Further, Obenshain reveals:
- Why Obama threatens religious freedom and the First Amendment.
- How Obama has used racial differences as a wedge to divide Americans.
- How Obama’s policies that penalize the rich have actually hurt the middle class, women, recent college graduates, and minorities.
- How Obamacare is a special-interest nightmare that pummels small businesses and young people and women with huge financial burdens (and somehow the president was able to spin GOP opposition to the legislation into the party’s “war on women”).
Related: Obenshain column in TheBlaze describes how Obama has proven himself tone deaf on women.
Obenshain at CPAC Colorado breaking down her book just after the first Obama-Romney debate:
The author argues that Obama is the most divisive president in U.S. history and that his ideologies are overriding the common good (clip from a Heritage Foundation event):
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 492 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 477 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 467 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 378 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 317 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video Read More
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 171 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 286 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 124 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 121 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' deaths
- Storm took town's youngest as it swept through
- Council members abstain from vote on abstaining
- Dissidents find 'Cuba outside Cuba' in Miami
- Big stores nix credit card settlement, file suit
- Distraught mom becomes face of Oklahoma storm
- IMF chief Lagarde in court in fraud probe
- AP Interview: Rogge praises wrestling's changes