Evil in the Darkness: Wrath & Righteousness [Episode Eight]
Countless hours of lost sleep…
Here’s a look at the eighth episode of a brand-new way to experience the unmatched exhilaration of a great book: 10 heart-stopping episodes released over the course of one year. Finish one, read the next. It’s like watching an entire season of your favorite TV show without any waiting.
We’re closing in toward the end of the program now…and the action isn’t subsiding.
Wrath & Righteousness Episode Eight is Evil in the Darkness…
ONE MAN STANDS ALONE…
“The battle was in motion. The same battle from long ago. The battle for the souls of men, for the soul of their country, for their own family. Eons of waiting and preparing. And now the final days were here.”
In the wake of a debilitating EMP attack on America, the rule of law has vanished. Amidst the chaos, the forces of Darkness use all means necessary to consolidate power into a new, illegal government formed without oversight or consent.
As this clandestine group of powerful men prepares to introduce their handpicked leader to the world, they learn of a major problem: The former Secretary of Defense, thought to be dead, may have somehow survived the attack. As next in the line of succession for the presidency, his presence would threaten the group’s entire plan.
With time running out before the public reveal of the chosen president and the SecDef’s life in danger, an all-or-nothing plan is hatched to infiltrate the illegal government and expose them to the world.
Here’s author Chris Stewart (now a U.S. congressman) chatting on Glenn Beck’s radio show about the latest action in his Wrath & Righteousness series:
This excerpt from Evil in the Darkness demonstrates the gathering storm of demonic forces that threatens the world as we know it…as well as the forces of good that battle right back:
The evil all around him thickened. He could feel them. He could feel him. He felt like throwing up. The darkness was so real, so oppressive, it sucked the life right out of his soul. Depressing and despairing, the evil gathered nearer. He could almost hear the voices of the spirits that were watching them from the empty halls.
Sam shivered, stopping on the stairwell, unsure of what to do or where to go. His mother moved beside him, her eyes barely visible in the dark. She leaned into him and whispered in his ear, “Do you feel that, Sam?” He sensed the tears of fear that wet her eyes.
He tried to speak but couldn’t answer, so he slowly moved his head. Then, despite the utter darkness, a thought sprang into his head. Something from the Bible? He wasn’t sure, but the words came with clarity to his mind. “For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood; but against principalities and power, against the rulers of the world of this darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in the high places.”
He shivered once again.
This was Lucifer’s day of glory, his night of splendor, and the last days of his pride.
The rulers of the darkness. Sam forced himself not to cry.
So that was what they were up against. But at least he finally knew.
Turning, he raised his fist and raged back at the darkness. “You do not own me or my family. We are your enemies. We are your weakness. And this is not our time. Do what you will with your mortal servants, but you will not move us from this place!”
Against the backdrop of torn-from-the-headlines Middle Eastern drama, the fast-paced Wrath & Righteousness series explores humanity’s role in the eternal battle between good and evil. Check out the trailer for the very first episode:
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 492 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 477 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 466 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 375 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 312 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 157 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 266 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 114 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 113 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 121 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Just a photo of Al Sharpton smiling in an African dashiki
- ‘Big gas savings’: Kmart’s marketing gurus strike again
- Does CNN want to keep Piers Morgan around?
- Permit requirements shut down another kid’s lemonade stand — but it’s not what you think
- Video: Introducing ‘ConservoTax,’ the first tax software made for Republicans
- Oil tracks gains in stocks, erases early losses
- West Bank and romance prominent in 'Omar'
- 87-year-old woman loses to Trump in civil case
- Dissidents find 'Cuba outside Cuba' in Miami
- New Victory Theater offers Bob Marley, Shakespeare
- Q&A: What is known about London attack
- Clashes in Lebanon feed fear of Syria spillover
- Anti-war protester shouts at Obama during speech