Leading from Behind: The Reluctant President and the Advisors Who Decide for Him
In his latest book, New York Times bestselling author and investigative journalist Richard Miniter explores President Barack Obama’s abilities as a leader by unearthing new details of his biggest successes and failures.
Based on exclusive interviews and never-before-published material, Leading from Behind peers into the secret world of the West Wing and the combative personalities that shape historic events.
Contrary to the White House narrative, which aims to define Obama as a visionary leader, Leading from Behind reveals a president who’s indecisive, moody, and often paralyzed by competing political considerations.
In fact, many victories—as well as several significant failures—during the Obama presidency are revealed as the work of strong women who led when the president did not: then-Speaker Nancy Pelosi; Secretary of State Hillary Clinton; and Valerie Jarrett, his closest adviser and an Obama family confidante, whose unusual degree of influence has been a source of conflict with veteran political insiders.
(Relate via Real News from TheBlaze: Grim Milestone for U.S. Troops in Afghanistan)
Here’s Miniter discussing the particulars of Leading from Behind with the International Business Times:
In Leading from Behind, you will learn:
- Why Obama’s relationship with Israel was poisoned years before he met Israel’s prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu;
- The real reason for Valerie Jarrett’s strong hold over both Barack and Michelle Obama;
- ObamaCare wasn’t Obama’s idea. It was House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s. And the real reason he danced to her tune;
- Obama delayed and canceled the mission to kill Osama bin Laden three times and then committed an intelligence blunder that allowed dozens of high-level members of al Qaeda to escape;
- Why Obama destroyed a secret budget deal with House Speaker John Boehner that would have reformed entitlements, slashed spending, and reduced the national debt—without raising taxes;
- Why Obama is determined to save Attorney General Eric Holder, even though he has mislead and stonewalled Congress about “Operation: Fast and Furious”;
- Why Obama decided to defy the Tea Party and ditch his plans to end earmarks.
In Leading from Behind, Miniter’s provocative research offers a dramatic, thoroughly sourced account of President Obama’s White House during a time of intense domestic controversy and international turmoil.
(Related from TheBlaze: Did Obama Advisor Valerie Jarrett Delay the bin Laden Raid 3 Times?)
- ‘Free at Last’: La. State Senator Explains Why He Recently Left the ‘Government Plantation’ & Joined GOP in Powerful Video 412 Comments
- Reporter Uses Logic of the Left’s Gun Control Argument to Stump Dem Rep. on Abortion 327 Comments
- Was Justice Roberts Intimidated Into Voting for ‘ObamaCare’? Senator Mike Lee Presents the Evidence 260 Comments
- ‘KKK-Type of Intimidation’: Kansas Sec. of State Targeted by Mob Asking Prosecutors to Consider Using ‘Klan Laws’ 253 Comments
- How Angry Would You Be if You and Your Family Got This Receipt from a Restaurant? 238 Comments
Find TheBlaze on your TV
TheBlaze is available on channel .
Spread the word!
If you can't find TheBlaze, please call to upgrade your package
Unfortunately, TheBlaze is not available on .
But you can help! Call at or press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.
But you can help! Press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.Continue
Please complete the form
Thank you for supporting TheBlaze
Interested in doing more? Spread the word about TheBlaze to your friends and family.
Spread the word!
- Fed says it will maintain pace of bond purchases
- Bombings kill 7 people in Iraq
- Stocks edge lower as Fed raises outlook on US
- Food stamp cuts key to farm bill's fate in House
- Diverted United 787 passengers resume Tokyo trip
- GOP targets high-speed rail, transportation grants
- FIFA: More security for U20 WCup in Turkey
- Protesters out again in Brazilian cities