Spreading the Wealth: How Obama Is Robbing the Suburbs to Pay for the Cities
Well, as you’ve probably feared, that infamous sound byte from 2008 is becoming more than a passing quip.
Author Stanley Kurtz has established himself as one of Obama’s most effective and well-informed critics since the president initially sauntered across the national landscape. Kurtz, in fact, was the first to expose the extent of Obama’s ties to radicals such as Bill Ayers and ACORN.
Now Kurtz reveals new evidence that the administration’s party line about helping the middle class is essentially a smoke screen. Behind closed doors, he’s found, plans have been afoot for a serious push toward wealth redistribution, with the suburban middle class—not the so-called one percent—bearing the brunt of it.
(Check out TheBlaze Blog for a lot more from Kurtz on this very subject; and you can head to the video clip below to take in Kurtz’s discussion with TheBlaze TV crew on how Obama not only is bad for the middle class, but also that he’s quite purposefully targeted this group as a revenue source.)
Why haven’t we heard more about policies that will lead to wealth redistribution?
In part, it’s the same reason why private comments by Obama’s election opponent have been taking center stage while American embassies in the Middle East are on fire.
In part, there are some legitimate issues (e.g., Obamacare, unemployment, the exploding national debt, etc.) that have been taking the media spotlight.
But the main reason, according to Kurtz, is that Obama doesn’t want to tip his hand about his second-term plans. (Read: He knows that if he declares he’ll be all about wealth redistribution over the next four years, Obama will alienate the moderate swing voters who hold the key to his reelection.)
Fortunately Kurtz cuts through the White House’s smoke screen to reveal what’s really going on. Drawing on new, previously overlooked sources, Kurtz has learned that radicals from outside the administration—including key Obama allies from his early community organizing days—have been quietly influencing policy on everything from education to stimulus spending.
Their goal? To increase the influence of America’s cities over their suburban neighbors so that eventually suburban independence will vanish.
In the eyes of Obama’s former mentors—i.e., followers of leftist radical Saul Alinsky—suburbs are breeding grounds for bigotry and greed. The classic American dream of a house with a big yard and high-quality, locally controlled schools strikes them as selfishness, a waste of resources that should be redirected to the urban poor.
The regulatory groundwork laid so far is just a prelude to what’s to come: Substantial redistribution of tax dollars. Gradually cities would effectively swallow up their surrounding municipalities, with merged school districts and forced redistribution of public spending working together to kill the appeal of the suburbs.
The result would be a profound transformation of American society, Kurtz concludes.
In addition the author connects the dots with respect to Obama’s community-organizing roots all the up to his presidency, revealing why his plan to undermine the suburbs means so much to him on a personal level.
Check out Rush Limbaugh on his radio program talking about Kurtz’s findings:
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 481 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 469 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 460 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 355 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 327 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 118 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Japanese man, 80, oldest to top Everest _ for now
- La Scala scales back on productions due to crisis
- 26 killed in 2 simultaneous car bombs in Niger
- UN: 22 deaths worldwide from coronavirus
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Pakistan arrested American who was killed by drone
- Nixon library hosts 40th reunion for Vietnam POWs
- US new home sales up 2.3 percent in April