The Last Man: A Novel
An invaluable CIA asset has gone missing, and with him, secrets that in the wrong hands could prove disastrous. The only question is: Can Mitch Rapp find him first?
(If you’re a Rapp “novice,” just imagine 24‘s Jack Bauer with more lethal power, and you’ll have a pretty accurate idea of what Flynn’s hero delivers.)
In The Last Man, Rapp has his hands full once again. This time Joe Rickman, head of CIA clandestine operations in Afghanistan, has been kidnapped and his four bodyguards have been executed in cold blood.
Irene Kennedy, director of the CIA, has dispatched Rapp to Afghanistan to find Rickman at all costs.
Think that’s “all” Rapp has to contend with? (Would it be a Vince Flynn novel if that were the case?) Not on your life. Turns out Rapp isn’t the only one looking for Rickman.
Check out Glenn Beck interviewing Flynn about The Last Man on the radio:
The FBI is on Rickman’s trail as well. Which you’d think would be all well and good, with everybody being on the same team. But Rapp’s experience and nose for the truth quickly tell him that there may be something sinister to the feds’ interest in the disappearance.
In fact, they may not be as concerned with finding Rickman as placing the blame for the whole thing on (who else?) Rapp.
Here’s an excerpt surrounding the executed bodyguards that gets to the heart of our hero’s well-studied suspicions:
Rapp pointed at the bodies one after another, saying, “Nine-millimeter, nine-millimeter, nine-millimeter, .45-caliber, and my bet is they were all fired from suppressed weapons. Pretty accurate work. Good fire discipline. Look at the walls.”
Hubbard did a 360-degree turn and said, “What about them?”
“You see anything?”
“That’s the point. You ever seen the Taliban operate like this? Four shots, four hits, and not a shot more. The Taliban likes to get the lead out. You know their MO. They would have rolled up on this place with three or four trucks and started unloading RPG rounds at all three buildings. This place would be riddled with bullets. This was done by pros.”
Here’s Flynn chatting with Glenn on TheBlaze TV about the role fiction plays in spreading the truth:
With CIA ops in crisis, Rapp must be as ruthless and deceitful as his enemies if he has any hope of finding Rickman and completing his mission. But with elements within his own government working against both him and American interests, will Rapp be stopped dead before he can succeed?
Flynn took some time on Andrew Wilkow’s program on TheBlaze TV to talk about The Last Man, as well as big-news events surrounding Libya and former CIA head David Petraeus:
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 466 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 440 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 325 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 325 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 263 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 151 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 199 Comments
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 139 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 106 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 144 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- EU leaders discuss fight against tax evasion
- UK, Denmark eye visas for Afghan interpreters
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- Conn. rail service returns to normal
- Afghanistan: Suicide bomb kills anti-Taliban elder
- US test-launches intercontinental missile
- Iran's Ahmadinejad denounces election decision