The Key to Defeating Obama Is Not Kenya, It’s Chicago!
Here is my advice to anyone looking to defeat Barack Obama on November 6th – Forget Kenya. Where Obama was born (or not born) is just not of interest to most Americans. Mainstream voters just don’t care. They don’t see the significance. So be it. But there’s a place much more damaging to the Obama legacy anyway. It’s called Chicago.
Therein lies the heart of the story that defeats Obama. Chicago is like Kryponite to Obama. It is poison to the story that Obama paints of hope and change. Because the Windy City itself is in decay and collapse. Not just economically, but morally. It is descending into the violence and poverty of a third world nation.
It is the story that Obama cannot run away from. Chicago is his city. It is his foundation. It is the love of his life. But the results are more like the curse of his life. Obama’s Chicago is what we never want America to become. Chicago is the American nightmare.
Obama denies Kenya and expects us to take him at his word. But he doesn’t deny Chicago. He embraces Chicago. He is proud of Chicago. And therein lies the key to beating Obama. Just point the tragedy of Chicago out to suburban mothers and grandmothers. Just paint Obama with the color of Chicago from head to toe. Obama’s Chicago is radioactive. You don’t need third world Kenya to defeat Obama. Chicago is a third world city, right here in the middle of America.
Never was that more clear than this past weekend, when Obama went back to his hometown. Obama’s Chicago melted down all around him. In one weekend, with Obama back home, seven were killed, 35 injured in gun battles. Included in this violent mess was a 16 year old girl. Three of the murder victims were killed in one hour on Sunday morning. It was the third weekend in a row with gunshot murders and injuries in the double digits. The police are out gunned and under siege. This toddlin’ town has descended into anarchy. This is the town our President proudly calls “home.”
Chicago is the murder capital of America. There has been a 50% increase in violence in the past year. Gangs roam freely, killing young children, the elderly, and even pregnant women execution style. Drugs are rampant. Guns are everywhere in the hands of criminals, while law abiding citizens are banned from defending themselves. This is the result of the gun control laws that Obama supports so strongly. They have turned Chicago into a swamp infested with murder, rape, assault, home invasion robbery, car-jacking, and muggings. This is what happens when you ban guns. Criminals run free, unfettered by the same laws that wind up leaving good people defenseless and dead.
But wait…it gets worse. The state of Illinois just raised income taxes in dramatic fashion, pushing its productive citizens out in droves, while property taxes in Chicago are among the highest in the nation. Why? Because Illinois leads the nation in debt and under-funded pensions for government employees. The state of Illinois and the city of Chicago are both for all intents and purposes bankrupt and insolvent. The Cook County treasurer recently reported debt of over $108 billion. That’s over $63,000 per household — for a CITY! Just pension obligations for government employees alone are over $50 billion. The Treasurer said he was “stunned.”
Not surprisingly, the Chicago economy is in meltdown. The Chicago PMI (Purchasing Managers Index), a reflection of manufacturing activity, just reported a drop that can only be described as disastrous. It signaled that manufacturing has come to a halt in Chicago. Keep in mind the power of a President to send money to his favorite town — government contracts, stimulus, green energy “investment,” education funding, and bailouts. You name it, Obama has done it all. Yet there is still a complete collapse of the economy in Chicago.
But wait, it gets worse. Chicago’s public schools are in shambles. Obama and his Democrat politician buddies handed the keys to the teachers unions…and just look at the results. If there is any education going on in Chicago, you’ll need a magnifying glass to find it. Chicago schools suffer from 40% drop out rates and six of the worst 25 high schools in America are located in Chicago.
But even more damning are the shocking failures of black students in Chicago. A young black male from inner city Chicago has a 1 in 40 chance of graduating college. Chicago is the disgrace of the U.S. education system.
So let’s get this straight. Chicago’s economy is collapsing. Taxes are soaring. Criminals roam the streets freely. Violence is out of control. Public schools are failing. Government employee pensions have gone rogue. Children of all races are helpless, hopeless and inundated by drugs and gangs while waiting for change that has never come. And all of this is built around the most corrupt political system in the country — with four of the last five Governors serving prison time. Close your eyes. Are you sure I’m not talking about a third world country?
So let’s forget Kenya and the whole birth certificate thing. Let’s concentrate on our own third world. Obama’s Chicago is fast becoming hell on earth. There is no hope, and there is no change in anyone’s pockets. There are only drugs, murder and corruption.
Forget Kenya, Chicago is the geography that seals Obama’s fate.
A version of this column originally appeared on FoxNews.com.
Wayne Allyn Root is a Capitalist Evangelist and serial entrepreneur. He is a former Libertarian vice presidential nominee. He now serves as Chairman of the Libertarian National Campaign Committee. He is the best-selling author of “The Conscience of a Libertarian: Empowering the Citizen Revolution with God, Guns, Gold & Tax Cuts.” His web site: www.ROOTforAmerica.com
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 501 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 461 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 458 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 339 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 323 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 101 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 190 Comments
- Faith-Healing Parents Charged With Murder for Refusing Kids’ Medical Care — Should They Go to Prison? 130 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 116 Comments
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Venezuela to create new workers militia
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US
- 6 Wyeth paintings fetch $2M at NYC auction
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Ruby says her sworn statements were lies
- Barrick fined $16m for Pascua-Lama violations
- Roger Federer, always at Grand Slam tournaments
- Some unions now angry about health care overhaul