Home-schooling in America is a proven success, but the Left continues to wage war against home education. Their attacks aren’t new—Progressives first made the case in the early 20th century that government control trumps the rights of parents.
What will the assault look like in the 21st century?
Plus, meet new brand of artists who are drawing upon faith and freedom to give a traditional tone to modern art and send a message about the America they love.
The Blaze Magazine–June 2013: Contents
*”Good” Art: A new brand of conservative artists are focusing on a larger, positive purpose
*The ladies on “The View” are now making the case for guns
*Pentagon blocks access to “hostile” Southern Baptist homepage
*Nick Searcy calls out media and Left for Ignoring Infanticide
*Democrat claim: Don’t call anti-amnesty Ted Cruz “Hispanic”
*At least the sequester didn’t stop the “important” projects
*Which states stand to lose the most under Obama’s planned Medicaid expansion
- Government Rule vs. Home-School: Parental Guidance Not Suggested
Even though America’s home-schooled students have proven that they are accomplished and successful, the Left continues to wage a battle against home education. And these attacks aren’t new. Progressives first made the case in the early 20th century that government control trumps the rights of parents. What will the assault look like in the 21st century?
- Actually ‘Good’ Art
The debate over what makes “good art” is never-ending. But what about art that serves a larger, positive purpose—art that is, indeed, good? A new brand of conservative artists are drawing upon faith, freedom and life to give a traditional tone to modern art and send a needed message about the America they love.
- Keeping an Eye on ‘Those Guys’: Mika Brzezinski, Mike Barnicle, Joe Manchin, Harry Reid, Candy Crowley, Sheila Jackson Lee and more
- White House Kept Funneling Tax Money to Automaker Failing to Meet Requirements
- More Global Warming Means More Prostitution?
- Sequester Didn’t Stop ‘RoboSquirrel’
- Pentagon Blocks Access to Southern Baptist Homepage
- Facebook CEO’s New Political Group Runs Pro-Drilling Ads
- No More ‘Master Bedrooms’
- Luxury Auto CEO: Zero-Emission Cars Are ‘Nonsense’
- Gov’t Seeks More Access Private Online Communications
- Idaho May Demand Return of Federal Lands
- ‘View’ Ladies Suddenly Pro-Gun?
- Stuart Smalley Taps Fellow Funnymen for $$$
- Pro-Life Celeb Throttles Left on Gosnell
- Media Cover Drunk Starlet, Ignore Gosnell Murder Trial
- Farmers Barred From ‘Gasland II’ Premiere
- Pro-Gore, Anti-Fracking Media Company Launching Cable Channel
- Sharon Stone: U.S. ‘Not Leading in Almost Anything Anymore,’ but ‘Obama Is Doing a Good Job’
- PC Killing Comedy
- Celebs: Let’s ‘Modify’ the Second Amendment
- Kid Rock: ‘Pick a Side’
IN THE HOT SEAT
- Joel Cheatwood: Making TheBlaze a Reality
WORTH 1,000 WORDS
- Federalism on the Rise
- Suddenly Pro-Gun When Danger Lurks
- Hill Leaders: Pelosi Best Known, Least Like
- Top 15 Biggest Losers in ObamaCare Medicaid Expansion