© 2024 Blaze Media LLC. All rights reserved.
School asks profs to offer extra credit to 'encourage' student attendance at left-wing event
Pitt students after Republican Donald Trump won 2016 presidential election. (Image source: YouTube)

The School of Social Work at the University of Pittsburgh asked professors to offer extra credit to "encourage" students to attend a left-wing event in town at the end of the month.

Mary Patricia Elhattab, student services specialist and assistant to the associate dean for academic affairs, sent an email Thursday to students in the program, along with faculty, asking them to sign up for “A People’s Agenda for Change: National Day of Action” on Nov. 29, according to the Pitt Maverick, a student newspaper.

A plea to professors read, "Please join us and encourage your students to participate by offering them extra credit."

“People in every city in the country will be taking to the streets to raise the minimum wage, help workers organize, support undocumented workers, fight climate change and confront structural racism and sexism,” the email added.

A student sign-up link adds that the "deck is stacked against us!"

Senior social work major Lindsey Hern — who's one of the only conservatives in her department, she said — told the Maverick she often feels alienated by other “one-sided” emails.

“It’s really ostracizing when your own department sanctions an event that is so exclusive to one set of students,” she told the paper. Hern added: “I rarely feel welcome in class, especially when my professors openly harp on how terrible capitalism is and how Trump supporters are insufferable.”

(H/T: Campus Reform)

Want to leave a tip?

We answer to you. Help keep our content free of advertisers and big tech censorship by leaving a tip today.
Want to join the conversation?
Already a subscriber?
Dave Urbanski

Dave Urbanski

Sr. Editor, News

Dave Urbanski is a senior editor for Blaze News and has been writing for Blaze News since 2013. He has also been a newspaper reporter, a magazine editor, and a book editor. He resides in New Jersey. You can reach him at durbanski@blazemedia.com.
@DaveVUrbanski →