President-elect Donald Trump on Friday announced the CEOs of the Cleveland Clinic, General Motors, JPMorgan Chase, the Walt Disney Company and others as members of his advisory Strategic and Policy Forum.
“The Forum, which is composed of some of America’s most highly respected and successful business leaders, will be called upon to meet with the President frequently to share their specific experience and knowledge as the President implements his plan to bring back jobs and Make America Great Again,” the Trump transition team said in an email.
The forum will advise the president on how government policy impacts economic growth, job creation and productivity.
In a statement, Trump explained: “My administration is committed to drawing on private sector expertise and cutting the government red tape that is holding back our businesses from hiring, innovating, and expanding right here in America.”
The forum will have its first meeting at the White House in early February.
The list includes:
● Stephen A. Schwarzman (Forum Chairman), Chairman, CEO, and Co-Founder of Blackstone;
● Paul Atkins, CEO, Patomak Global Partners, LLC, Former Commissioner of the Securities and Exchange Commission;
● Mary Barra, Chairman and CEO, General Motors;
● Toby Cosgrove, CEO, Cleveland Clinic;
● Jamie Dimon, Chairman and CEO, JPMorgan Chase & Co;
● Larry Fink, Chairman and CEO, BlackRock;
● Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company;
● Rich Lesser, President and CEO, Boston Consulting Group;
● Doug McMillon, President and CEO, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.;
● Jim McNerney, Former Chairman, President, and CEO, Boeing;
● Adebayo “Bayo” Ogunlesi, Chairman and Managing Partner, Global Infrastructure Partners;
● Ginni Rometty, Chairman, President, and CEO, IBM;
● Kevin Warsh, Shepard Family Distinguished Visiting Fellow in Economics, Hoover Institute, Former Member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System;
● Mark Weinberger, Global Chairman and CEO, EY;
● Jack Welch, Former Chairman and CEO, General Electric;
● Daniel Yergin, Pulitzer Prize-winner, Vice Chairman of IHS Markit.