New Low: MSNBC’s Maddow Claims Rep Had ‘Advance Notice’ of OK City Bombing
During her Monday evening broadcast, MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow went about making her usual unfounded attacks on Republicans while simultaneously dropping this jaw-dropping accusation:
In 1994, in the first mid-term election after the last Democratic president was elected, we got a slate of candidates that included Helen Chenoweth of Idaho and Steve Stockman of Texas. These two were so close to the militia movement in this country that Mr. Stockman actually received advance notice that the Oklahoma City bombing was going to happen.
Without providing any source for her outlandish accusations, Maddow doesn’t flinch in accusing a member of the United States Congress of willingly participating in the senseless murder of 168 innocent men, women and children. So where does get the evidence to prove such a claim? She doesn’t.
Media Research Center explains:
[O]n April 25, 1995, six days after the destruction of the Murrah federal building, the Dallas Morning News ran this story under the headline, “Fax referring to bombing sent by ex-GOP Texas official, party aide says” –
Mr. Stockman on Sunday denied reports that his office passed the fax to the National Rifle Association and failed to give it to the FBI. Yesterday he released a letter to the FBI confirming his version of events.
Mr. Stockman also said that a staff member had given the fax to the NRA without his permission. He said he was considering whether to discipline the aide.
Telephone toll records indicate that the fax was sent about 50 minutes after the bombing , a federal official said.
With further examples, MRC proves that Maddow knowingly ignored the facts and smeared Stockton and Chenoweth-Hage:
Maddow’s mention of late congresswoman Helen Chenoweth-Hage is even more gratuitous than her attempt at character assassination of Stockman. Chenoweth and Stockman “were so close to the militia movement,” Maddow says, that he, Stockman, but not she, Chenoweth, received “advance notice” of the bombing. Chenoweth-Hage, killed in a 2006 car accident, is no longer able to defend herself. Maddow didn’t give Stockman the chance.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 591 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 520 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 497 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 392 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 337 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 325 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 279 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 151 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Journalist and author Haynes Johnson dies at 81
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Gas cylinder blast on Pakistan school bus kills 17
- Late turnovers doom Heat in Game 2 loss, 97-93
- Pacers steal Game 2 from Heat, 97-93
- Official: 2 dead after Angel Flight crashes in NY
- Militants attacks kill 9 in Pakistan
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees horror behind him