PHILADELPHIA – Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell’s infamous temper flared up on Sunday night’s “60 Minutes.”
Rendell lashed out at reporter Leslie Stahl, who questioned the effect of legalized slot-machine gambling in Pennsylvania on gambling addicts.
“They’re not losing their paychecks because Pennsylvania instituted gaming. Those people were losing their paychecks in Atlantic City, in Delaware at the racetracks or in West Virginia.”
“So, why not lose it here, that’s what you’re saying,” Stahl said.
“Well, if they’re going to lose it anyway, let’s get the upside,” Rendell said.
Later, Rendell told Stahl, “You’re a very smart person.”
“But not now. I’m dumb now,” Stahl said, laughing.
“You’re not getting it,” answered Rendell. “Those people would lose that money anyway. Don’t you understand?”
When Rendell was pressed on that point, he snapped at Stahl, “You guys don’t get that,” gritting his teeth and chopping through the air with both hands head-high. “You’re simpletons. You’re idiots if you don’t get that.”
Find TheBlaze on your TV
TheBlaze is available on channel .
Spread the word!
If you can't find TheBlaze, please call to upgrade your package
Unfortunately, TheBlaze is not available on .
But you can help! Call at or press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.
But you can help! Press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.Continue
Please complete the form
Thank you for supporting TheBlaze
While you're waiting for your TV provider to get TheBlaze, sign up to watch it online now.
- BMW Gets a Dose of Instant Karma After Trying to Cut Through Traffic: 'Justice Served'
- Obama Buys Press Silence for a Piece of Chocolate Cake
- Ebola becomes a big issue in this Senate race
- Pay Very Close Attention to Law Enforcement's Reaction to Shep Smith Question About Capture of Suspected Cop Killer
- What Do the 9/11 Flag, JFK's Brain and James Bond's Aston Martin Have in Common? Brad Meltzer Says They're All Missing