Chris Matthews on Michele Bachmann: ‘Close to a Nut Case’
One thing’s clear: Michele Bachman does not give Chris Matthews a thrill up his leg.
On his show “Hardball” on Wednesday night, the MSNBC host had two Democratic Reps. on to discuss the repeal of Obamacare. But the topic Matthews really wanted to talk about was Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN). He doesn’t like her. And he wants other to know it and agree with him.
“This kind of talk from Michele Bachmann. I don’t know why she’s allowed to be an extremist, and everybody is coaxing on the Right, Republicans saying the President should move to the center and be reasonable and moderate, where she’s allowed to be out there as a screamer, and in many cases pretty close to a nut case,” he said to Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (D-FL).
So what kind of “extremist” language was Bachmann fomenting on the House floor? She was talking about how she wants to make Obama a one-term president and usher in a Republican-controlled Senate:
Here’s how Matthews responded:
So, it seems, violent, angry rhetoric now includes disagreeing with the president. Got it.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 594 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 521 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 498 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 402 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 335 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 290 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 153 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
- Female suicide bomber injures 11 in Russian region
- Obama says nation must do more for fallen heroes
- Dozens march in Ukraine's first-ever gay rally
- 'Friend' of suspect in UK slaying arrested
- In Ethiopia, African Union celebrates 50 years
- Suicide bomber dies in blast in Afghan capital
- Jordan king says extremism 'grown fat' on conflict