The Pro-Infidelity Super Bowl Commercial That Got Banned by Fox
The Super Bowl is known for its funny, smart, and even racy commercials. But there’s one steamy spot viewers won’t be seeing next month: a “discreet” dating service’s lingerie-clad add encouraging partners to cheat.
The commercial is for AshleyMadison.com, which calls itself “the world’s premiere discreet dating service.” Translation: it’s a dating service for married people. “Life is short. Have an affair,” the site says. It even offers an “affair guarantee.”
In order to raise its profile, the company produced a 30-second commercial for next month’s Super Bowl. But Fox, which will air this year’s game, banned it. SportsGrid describes the ad:
The ad features adult film star Savanna Sampson, who walks into a corporate boardroom and announces that her executive husband has been cheating on her. Cue a montage of everybody hooking up with everybody (yes, there’s even dude-on-mascot smooching). The ad ends with her in a bra, and the tag line “Isn’t it time for AshleyMadison.com?”
“Standards & Practices has deemed the Ashley Madison spot is not acceptable to air on FOX,” the website said in a press release.
As SportsGrid suggests, the rejection might not be as much about the content but the idea — although depicting people having sex in a car is extreme. Now, the site just has to figure out how to recoup the expenses of producing a failed Super Bowl commercial
It’s good to know that there are still standards when it comes to network TV.
According to the Huffington Post this is the second year in a row that Ashley Madison has had a Super Bowl ad rejected.
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 453 Comments
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 320 Comments
- This Could Be the Most Haunting Statistic You’ll Ever See 275 Comments
- Priest Gunned Down by Italian Mobsters Now Beatified Read More
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 169 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? 102 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich 105 Comments
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 121 Comments
- ‘My Life Is Full of Blessings’: Flesh-Eating Bacteria Victim Who Lost All Limbs Smiles as She Shows Off New Bionic Hands Read More
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California 134 Comments
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- Report: New controversy at scandal-scarred Rutgers
- Iran fields 'massive' number of missile launchers
- Search for pilot of NY Angel Flight resumes
- Suspected rebels kill 28, wound 24 in east India
- Cain stops Bigfoot in 1st round, defends UFC title
- 2 rockets hit Lebanese Hezbollah stronghold
- Spurs take 3-0 lead, beat Grizzlies 104-93 in OT
- Blackhawks beat Red Wings 4-1 to stay alive