Monster Storm Brings Out Climate Blame-Stormers
Any casual watcher of TV news realizes that weather sells and that should explain the seemingly endless updates on storms around the country. Most of us living in the NE corridor have had our fill of Old Man Winter and the fluffy white stuff he delivers almost weekly. We are generally concerned with how much snow is coming, how quickly will be it removed and do we need to stock up on the universal trio of food supplies taught to us as kids - milk, bread, and eggs? Some in the media are more interested in taking every opportunity to spin even the random weather event into a story.
As computer models were showing another snow storm was building and preparing to dump more snow and ice on the Midwest and the Northeast, MSNBC was looking into the WHY of this relentless winter of snow. Their answer? Global Warming. You and I did this.
It should be noted that the MSNBC statistics showed NYC with an annual average of 22 inches of snow. Most sources I have say this number is actually 28 inches per year.
A quick survey of the snow stats about New York City reveals that while the alarm bells have been ringing from the Global Warming crew, winters of large snowfalls have not been on the increase over the past decade . Let’s review the Top 10 Snowiest Winters ever recorded in New York City.
The snowiest winter on record in the Big Apple was back in 1995-96 - with 75.6 inches and that was a full 15 years ago.
The second snowiest was back in 1947-48 when 63.2 inches accumulated. And since people are often blamed for carbon pollution, it might be important to note that in 1947, America was home to fewer than 150 million citizens and certainly fewer cars were on the road.
Coming in at #3 on the NYC Snow Hit List was 1922-23 – with 60.4 inches.
Numbers 4,5, & 6 were all in the 1800s and all three had recorded snowfalls between 55-58 inches.
54.7 inches of snow was good enough to score the #7 position for the winter of 1960-61
1993-94 grabbed the #8 spot on the snow survey with 53.4 inches
1906-07 was in 9th place with a total of 53.2 inches
And #10 was 1933-34′s 52 inches.
The winter of 2010 -11 is certainly on track to be a record setter, but is it man’s fault or is this just part of the never-ending cycle called climate change? (Omission of the words “man-made” was intentional.)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 503 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 469 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 460 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 351 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 326 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Japanese man, 80, oldest to top Everest _ for now
- La Scala scales back on productions due to crisis
- 26 killed in 2 simultaneous car bombs in Niger
- UN: 22 deaths worldwide from coronavirus
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Pakistan arrested American who was killed by drone
- Nixon library hosts 40th reunion for Vietnam POWs
- US new home sales up 2.3 percent in April