Trump at CPAC: Ron Paul Has ‘Zero Chance’ of Winning Presidency
Will he or won’t he?
Donald Trump kept political pundits guessing during an appearance at CPAC Thursday, offering no real hint as to whether he plans to make a run for presidency in 2012. “I will decide by June,” the wealthy businessman said.
Nevertheless, Trump’s rousing remarks before the CPAC crowd had all the trapping of a potential presidential contender. “The United States is becoming a laughing stock of the world,” Trump said. “I deal with people from China. I deal with people from Mexico. They cannot believe what they are getting away with.”
America has become a “whipping post for the world,” he added.
Trump also laid claim to the some cornerstone issues of modern conservatism. “I am pro-life. Against gun control… I will fight to end Obamacare and replace it with something that makes sense to people in business and not bankrupt the country. If I decide to run, I will not be raising taxes. We will be taking in hundreds of billions of dollars from other countries that are screwing us … and we’ll rebuild our country so that we can be proud. Our country will be great again,” he said.
While he still has some important decisions to make about running, Trump didn’t hesitate to weigh in with his opinion on other potential GOP candidates.
“Ron Paul cannot get elected,” Trump said to mixed reactions. The CPAC crowd traditionally has a large contingent of vocal Paul supporters who loudly booed Trump’s assessment. “Considering the shape the United States, we need a competitive person, a highly competent person.”
“Honestly, he has just zero chance of getting elected.”
On tap for Friday: Gov. Mitch Daniels of Indiana, former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, Sen. John Thune of South Dakota, and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney.
Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour is to speak Saturday, along with a closing keynote address from Republican Rep. Allen West of Florida.
Click here to view live streaming video of the event.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 508 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 470 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 424 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 391 Comments
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 381 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video 113 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 211 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 142 Comments
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 109 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 129 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Syria govt to take part in peace conference
- Quick's LA Kings put Sharks on brink with 3-0 win
- Some unions now angry about health care overhaul
- IRS replaces official who revealed targeting
- Obama balances threats against Americans' rights
- Colonial member Palmer has 1st-round lead with 62
- Rangers top Bruins in OT, force Game 5 in Boston
- Blackhawks hope to rally from 3-1 series deficit