Wisconsin Dem to GOP Colleague: ‘You’re F***ing Dead’
A Wisconsin Democrat offered up an apology Monday for comments he made on the Assembly floor last week immediately following a vote on Gov. Scott Walker’s contentious budget repair bill. Rep. Gordon Hintz apologized to Republican Rep. Michelle Litjens for shouting a threatening obscenity that a number of witnesses heard amid the loud uproar after the chamber’s GOP majority successfully passed the bill.
According to local WTMJ news radio, a number of witnesses heard Hintz shout “You’re f***ing dead!” at Litjens.
Litjens says she has accepted Hintz’s apology, but has asked the Assembly leadership to discipline him. “Everyone was exhausted. We were on the floor 58 hours. (But) there is still no excuse for his comment,” Litjens said.
Hintz was one of many outspoken Democratic state lawmakers who also loudly chanted “Shame! Shame! Shame!” following the vote, pointing to the Republican members exiting the chamber.
The Assembly Democrat also delivered fiery remarks on the floor, condemning the state GOP’s decision to press forward with the budget measure, despite objections from some Democrats:
Meanwhile, Litjens says she doesn’t believe Hintz’s comments were personally aimed at her, but reflected the Democrat’s frustration with his Republican colleagues. “We should be able to civilly discuss issues we are passionate about without feeling threatened,” she said.
“I believe my response was shock,” Hintz said Monday after phoning Litjens to apologize. “The only way they were going to pass this bill was by ignoring and shredding rules of the Assembly,” Hintz said. “I apologized when I learned my comments may have been taken personally by someone.”
Just one week earlier, Hintz had been cited in connection to a busted prostitution ring and for violating a city sexual misconduct ordinance in Appleton.
“I am willing to take responsibility for my actions,” Hintz said in the statement at the time. “My concern right now is that my personal situation is distracting from the much more important issue facing our state. We have tens of thousands of working people at the Capitol every day and that must remain our focus. I will continue to do my job and stand up for Wisconsin’s working families.”
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 477 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 450 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 429 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 332 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 318 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ Read More
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 135 Comments
- Faith-Healing Parents Charged With Murder for Refusing Kids’ Medical Care — Should They Go to Prison? Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 114 Comments
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- 3 al-Qaida members, 2 soldiers dead in Yemen clash
- Some damage reported from 5.7 quake in N. Calif.
- Obama: Sexual assault threatens trust in military
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted, 2 men arrested
- Hurricane center: Beware of the storm surge
- Kid Rock, Rolling Stones on scalping, summer tours
- News Corp. board approves split, stock buyback