Why Are NY School Kids Being Taught To Emulate Van Jones?
Our continuing look into the public school system and what is being taught to our children generates another surprise today. Kids in New York are being taught to be like Van Jones!
Today, we learned on the Glenn Beck radio program (video clip at the end) that the public schools in New York state have a special program in their curriculum on Police Brutality that prominently features Van Jones, a former White House Green Jobs Czar who stepped down from that plum position after his deep roots in many radical organizations were exposed on both Beck’s TV and radio programs. Here are some of the classic clips featuring Van Jones’ own words:
Mr. Jones looks very non-threatening in this photo featured on the page highlighting the Police Brutality class. (Photo from 2000 © Eddie Adams)
The former Green Jobs Czar is fond of saying that he doesn’t mind dropping the radical pose in order to achieve the radical agenda. He has not only changed his “pose” but apparently suffers from selective memory when referencing his own history. Van Jones’ bio has much of his recent history while seeming to forget his roots in some very radical movements. Conspicuously absent was any mention of his ties to something called S.T.O.R.M. After he graduated from law school, Mr. Jones joined STORM, (Standing Together to Organize a Revolutionary Movement). This Socialist-based organization claims to have given birth to the Ella Baker Center for Human Rights, something that Van Jones actually does claim on his resume.
So what exactly is he teaching to NY’s school kids? This is a two-hour program for high schoolers that is distributed to the schools through the Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights. The DC-based non profit preaches “Speaking truth to power.” At the very top of the list of things to be discussed is something found in other RFK Center programs, “The Universal Declaration of Human Rights.” If that declaration does not sound familiar to you, you are not alone. The UDHR is credited to First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt and was adopted by the United Nations in 1948. From the website of Ms. Roosevelt’s biography:
The Universal Declaration is the primary international articulation of the fundamental and inalienable rights of all members of the human family. It represents the first comprehensive agreement among nations as to the specific rights and freedoms of all human beings. The Declaration has become a cornerstone of customary international law, binding all governments to its principles.
While the course summary from Mr. Jones only mentions a few articles from this document, the massive declaration actually contains some 30 Articles and when you drill down into the entire declaration, it is easy to understand why they might be omitted from any publication or promotion. Like Article 25, which states:
(1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.
Hmm, Article 25 appears to be guaranteeing everyone the same standard of living, including food, clothing, and housing. This sounds a little like Socialism to me.
And so we have an avowed Communist who also was a 9/11 Truther for a while. A man who plays the race card while advocating for environmental justice – remember when he said this?
Jones was part of a program out west called CopWatch which begat the Ella Baker Center, and that group has been credited with starting the Bay Area Police Watch.
The idea of educating our children to be aware of the potential for police brutality is a terrific one. It merely seems that we might be able to find a better instructor than one with deep roots in radical movements that profess loyalty to the Mao and the Communist way of living and has talked about his dream of “complete revolution.” In his own words:
Tonight Glenn talked about Van Jones and the Fraternal Order of Police on his Fox News Channel program:
Here is the segment from The Glenn Beck Radio program 3/3/2011:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 479 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 421 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 380 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 299 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 104 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 111 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 214 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 182 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 111 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Senators warm to transportation nominee
- Judge seals affidavit of Maine man in teen's death
- Man who kidnapped 2 Iowa girls had long record
- HP's slumps deepens in 2Q as earnings fall 32 pct
- Faith healers charged with murder after 2nd death
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Polish man gets quick face transplant after injury
- Soldier charged with videotaping women