A wing of an Airbus A380, the world’s biggest commercial passenger jet, clipped the tail of another plane while taxiing out to depart John F. Kennedy International Airport on Monday night.
There were no injuries when the Air France super jumbo jet touched the other plane at 8:09 p.m., Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Jim Peters said.
Air France Flight 7, bound for Paris, was taxiing on a runway when its left wingtip struck the tail of Comair Flight 6293, which had just landed from Boston and was taxiing to its gate at Kennedy, one of the nation’s busiest airports, Peters said.
Both jets were being towed to a ramp area for inspection, Peters said. The extent of the damage was unknown.
Find TheBlaze on your TV
TheBlaze is available on channel .
Spread the word!
If you can't find TheBlaze, please call to upgrade your package
Unfortunately, TheBlaze is not available on .
But you can help! Call at or press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.
But you can help! Press CONTINUE to email your provider and urge them to add TheBlaze to your channel lineup.Continue
Please complete the form
Thank you for supporting TheBlaze
While you're waiting for your TV provider to get TheBlaze, sign up to watch it online now.
- Audio of Chris Kyle Discussing Jesse Ventura
- Judicial Watch: Hillary Clinton's State Department helped Bill Clinton earn millions in speaking fees
- House preparing to muscle Senate in highway bill fight
- Dems press states to limit gun ownership rights in domestic violence situations
- Watch: Corruption, data manipulation at Central Alabama VA