Texas Governor Rick Perry in 2012? The answer is. . .
A week ago, as Huckabee and Daniels announced they were NOT running, pundits wondered where all the serious GOP presidential candidates were hiding. If you answered Massachusetts, Minnesota, and Alaska, give yourself a gold star.
We now know that Mitt Romney is going to announce his Presidential run next week, Michele Bachmann says that she too will make it official in early June, and Sarah Palin’s bus trip has folks wondering about her intentions. But what about Rick Perry of Texas?
Our friends at KTRH radio in Houston Texas have confirmed with the governor’s offices that Rick Perry is giving serious consideration to tossing his hat into the ring:
The longest serving governor in Texas history reversed course today after saying for months that he wasn’t interesting in running for the White House.
The governor was asked if he would you consider running for president. Perry answered that he’s focused on the session but, according to spokesperson Katherine Cesinger, “Would think about it just like he thinks about a lot of things important to the people on the state of Texas.”
Earlier this week, the station tossed around the idea of a Perry candidacy:
KTRH also reports:
Many KTRH political insiders say Perry might be popular but doubt that he could raise the funds needed to win the Republican nomination.
But that hasn’t stopped Perry from at least considering. The story is breaking across the country with the Associated Press reporting:
Perry has been a darling of the tea party and could ignite a groundswell of support among the libertarian-leaning, anti-tax movement. He was an early endorser of the groups that helped Republicans take control of the U.S. House, statehouses and governors’ offices in 2010.
As stated earlier, a once barren candidate field is fast becoming filled with a wide selection of GOP presidential hopefuls.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,031 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 435 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 309 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 250 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 141 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 224 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 103 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 132 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Egypt TV: 7 security men kidnapped in Sinai freed
- Early vote points to close race as LA picks mayor
- Egyptian state TV says 6 policemen, border guard abducted in Sinai have been released
- Spurs blow late lead, beat Grizzlies 93-89 in OT
- US auto factories cutting back on summer downtime
- Trout hits for cycle, drives in 5, Angels rout M's
- Ai Weiwei uses music to mock state power in China
- Sharks tie series with 2-1 win over Kings