Hillary Clinton: Wife, Mother, Politician…Comic Book Character?
WASHINGTON (AP) – Hillary Rodham Clinton’s political career has taken so many turns it has now spawned two comic books.
The former first lady and U.S. senator, onetime presidential hopeful and current secretary of state is the subject of a comic book hitting stores Wednesday, the latest in a series of celebrity biographies by Bluewater Productions Inc. Those previously profiled include entertainment stars like Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber, and fellow politicians from President Barack Obama and Sarah Palin to Clinton herself two years ago.
“This one pretty much covers her being sworn in as secretary of state and everything she’s done since,” said Darren Davis, the publisher.
The comic, illustrated by Daniel Fitz, is unauthorized.
But Davis said his company is playing it straight with history and politics. He said Clinton was the subject of a comic profile published in 2009 that sold 20,000 copies. And he claimed to have an issue of that earlier comic signed by Clinton and hanging in his office, which he pointed to as an unofficial endorsement.
State Department officials had no knowledge of Wednesday’s planned release.
Writer Jerome Maida said he approached the subject from the perspective of someone who didn’t admire Clinton at first but became impressed by her during the process of preparing the 32-page book.
The front cover by DC Comics artist Joe Phillips features three images of Clinton under the banner of “political power.” Each shows her in front of a microphone but clad in different, if typical, professional attire. In the foreground is a podium with the seal of her office.
The subject differs slightly from the comic two years ago, which focused on Clinton as a “female force” and was part of a larger series dedicated to empowering women.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 481 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 429 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 390 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 313 Comments
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 274 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor Read More
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 118 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 115 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 223 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 209 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 114 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- School storm protection is spotty in tornado zones
- Obama threatens veto of House student loan plan
- House committee passes Iran sanctions legislation
- London terror attack leaves 1 dead near barracks
- Facebook posts: Suit filed over vet's detention
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Target's 1Q profit drops 29 pct on weak sales
- Am. Samoa to keep flier miles of govt travelers