Rep. Joe Walsh Blasts Chris Matthews: Obama ‘Doesn’t Send a Thrill Up My Leg’
Every once in a while we get to see someone stand up to being talked over. This time MSNBC’s Chris Matthews, famed for shouting down guests with whom he disagrees, had a run for his money when he was challenged by Congressman Joe Walsh.
During a segment on the debt ceiling debate, the Republican congressman asked the Hardball host what President Obama has done in the last six months to remedy the debt crisis.
“Hey Chris, explain …Your President, who sends a tingle up your leg, has not been serious in six months. Why do you ignore that, Chris?” asked Walsh.
Matthews shrugged the question off, however, only responding to point out that “tingle” was apparently the incorrect word, to which Walsh challenged “he doesn’t send a thrill up my leg, Chris…and he has not been serious about this debt crisis and why don’t you jump on that?”
Not surprisingly, Matthews ignored Walsh’s question and continued to needle the congressman about whether he would “resign” if, come August 3, the debt crisis has not been averted.
“Will you resign, Chris?” Walsh pressed in return.
But the sparks didn’t stop flying.
During the segment, Matthews seemed more than a tad concerned that Walsh had, at some point, allegedly used the word “lying” with regard to the President. In response, Walsh clarified “when he [President Obama] speaks a mistruth, and he is not truthful, he is lying.” And when the President says that on August 3,”the lights in the country are going to turn out,” and that he “can’t guarantee” payment on Social Security checks, “he is lying” added Walsh. ”The [President] knows that is not true…”
Matthews kept hammering away, however, accusing Walsh of calling Obama a “liar” and the GOP of orchestrating to bring the debt ceiling debate “to a crisis.”
But Walsh never relented, blasting Matthews for being a biased “bully” who talks over his guests.
Watch the explosive clip that’s sure to send a tingle, or a thrill, up your leg:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 507 Comments
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 470 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 448 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 420 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 332 Comments
- Workplace Violence? Obama Finally Says Fort Hood Shooting Was ‘Inspired by Larger Notions of Violent Jihad’ Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With Read More
- Faith-Healing Parents Charged With Murder for Refusing Kids’ Medical Care — Should They Go to Prison? Read More
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video 128 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 113 Comments
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets That Can Turn You Into a Detective Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- Austria wants EU arms embargo to Syria extended
- Multiple aftershocks follow 5.7 quake in N. Calif.
- UK arrests 2 men over incident with Pakistan plane
- World stocks lower after big sell-off
- Zimbabwe activist: Prisoners denied AIDS drugs
- Niger defense minister: Hostages freed in Agadez
- Steely Cotillard shines in 'The Immigrant'
- Czech police say US suspect in 4 murders arrested