Want to Experience The Twin Towers Again? There May Soon Be An App For That
Do you want to look at the Manhattan skyline and see the World Trade Center’s Twin Towers again? One New Yorker has plans to develop an iPhone app that would do just that.
Approaching the 10 year anniversary of the 9/11/2001 attacks on America, it seems inconceivable to many that New York has still not rebuilt what the two hijacked planes brought down. For weeks and months after 9/11, there was considerable discussion about what to do at Ground Zero… Everything was on the table – from the calls for complete rebuilding of the twin towers to the considerable argument that nothing should be built on the spot where thousands of innocent people were murdered.
It was finally agreed that one building - the Freedom Tower – would be built at Ground Zero, accompanied by a stunning memorial. While construction continues apace on the building, work on the memorial should be completed in time for the upcoming ceremonies marking the 10th anniversary.
But there are still many who still see the Manhattan skyline and feel that something is missing.
Lifelong New Yorker, Brian August admits that he misses the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center and may have come up with an idea that will resurrect the two 110 stories buildings, at least in the virtual world.
Brian has taken his dream to the Internet in search of cash to fund the development of a smart phone app that would create something he calls “Augmented Reality.”
Mr. August says his app would do three simple things: orient, augment, comment. First, the app would orient you towards the site of the World Trade Center, then start augmenting the view with a silhouette of the Twin Towers (at night you would see shafts of light). You can then snap a picture and post it online with comments.
Brain’s site claims that the project is not intended to make a profit. If you are interested in helping his dream become reality, visit the “110 Stories” project page on Kickstarter.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 532 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 468 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 459 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 346 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 326 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- ECB official: New bank authority 'indispensable'
- Taliban rickshaw bomb kills 13 in Pakistan
- Bronx 'ghetto' tours stop amid residents' outrage
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- 25 killed in 2 simultaneous car bombs in Niger
- Japanese man, 80, oldest to top Everest _ for now
- Malaysian charged with sedition, 3 more arrested
- Report: Rafsanjani blasts Iran's rulers