Democratic Socialist Cornel West Upset Obama Won’t Call Him Back
Frequent Bill Maher panel guest and prominent member of the Democratic Socialists of America, professor Cornel West, has been upset with Barack Obama of late. The Princeton professor called his former “brother, companion and comrade,” out in May for having “a certain fear of free black men.”
“Brother Barack Obama had no sense of gratitude, no sense of loyalty, no sense of even courtesy, [no] sense of decency, just to say thank you. Is this the kind of manipulative, Machiavellian orientation we ought to get used to? That was on a personal level.”
In the same interview West went on to call the President “a black mascot of Wall Street oligarchs and a black puppet of corporate plutocrats.” West’s comments were denounced by many liberal blogs and commentators, some of which classified West’s anger towards the President as a product of the Princeton professor’s own ego and sense of left-wing elitism, rather than any real ideological qualms with Obama.
Now in a recent New York Times Magazine interview, the left-wing ideologue has admitted that he went on a media tirade against the President because the leader of the free world did not call and thank him for campaigning on Obama’s behalf.
“I think he had to keep me at a distance. There’s no doubt that he didn’t want to be identified with a black leftist. But we’re talking about one phone call, man. That’s all. One private phone call.”
West had advocated Barack Obama for President at 65 campaign events. In the same interview West reaffirmed his comment that the President “feels most comfortable with upper-middle-class white and Jewish men who consider themselves very smart,” as an objective fact. West has spent his entire career in academia, including a short stint at Harvard that ended after West resigned in response to the university president calling his rap album an “embarrassment.”
In 2003 West made his film debut in The Matrix Reloaded.
(H/T: National Journal)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 504 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 469 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 390 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 389 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 327 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video Read More
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 202 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 139 Comments
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 101 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 125 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Swim coach sentenced to 7 years for sex abuse
- Kreider keeps Rangers alive with OT goal
- Brown hounded for calling Manila 'gates of hell'
- 10 Things to Know for Friday
- Extremists claim responsibility for Niger attacks
- WikiLeaks leaks 'We Steal Secrets' doc transcript
- Study: No higher cancer rate at Conn. Pratt plants
- GOP's Walker touts state ties during trip to Iowa