If you’re a popular personality on MSNBC, you’re actually not all that well “liked” on Facebook. Business Insider published a list of the 16 most popular cable news anchors Monday and not a single slot went to anyone on the progressive MSNBC.
The list was created by simply looking at how many Facebook users clicked “like” on the TV personalities’ fan pages. Though he doesn’t exactly qualify since he ended his TV gig on Fox News last month, conservative commentator Glenn Beck took the top spot as the most popular with over 2 million Facebook fans. Fox News’ Sean Hannity came in a distant second with almost 800,000 fans.
Here’s the complete list (special thanks to AllFacebook.com):
- Glenn Beck, formerly of-Fox News Channel, 2,030,119
- Sean Hannity, Fox News Channel, 794,438
- Nancy Grace, HLN, 786,117
- Anderson Cooper, CNN, 576,164
- Bill O’Reilly, Fox News Channel, 455,785
- Jane Velez-Mitchell, HLN, 96,033
- Fareed Zakaria, CNN, 79,864
- Richelle Carey, HLN, 71,448
- Joy Behar, HLN, 57,565
- Drew Pinsky, HLN, 52,508
- Piers Morgan, CNN, 49,077
- Greta Van Susteren, Fox News Channel, 43,581
- Mike Galanos, HLN, 36,924
- Shepard Smith, Fox News Channel, 36,892
- Christi Paul, HLN, 32,281
- Soledad O’Brien, CNN, 27,177
The list doesn’t reflect actual viewership, as Fox News typically dominates the competition, but it may be an indicator as to how engaged each personality’s audience is in regards to social media.
From the breaking news you need to know to the hottest trends circling the Web, TheBlaze has it all. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope.