‘Bulls**t!’: Al Gore Comes ‘Unhinged’ During Climate Change Speech
It hasn’t been a good couple weeks for climate change proponents. And that seems to be getting under Al Gore’s skin.
On July 28, it was revealed that the scientist behind the polar-bears-are-in-trouble research is being investigated for “scientific misconduct” regarding the article oft-sited by climate change leaders. Then, a new study of NASA data revealed that the earth is actually allowing more heat to escape the planet than previously thought by the climate change community.
So maybe that’s why Al Gore decided to unleash on climate change skeptics last week during a speech at the Aspen Institute in Colorado. The Colorado Independent notes that Gore launched into a vulgar tirade while accusing skeptics of media manipulation:
The model of media manipulation used then, Gore said, “was transported whole cloth into the climate debate. And some of the exact same people — I can go down a list of their names — are involved in this. And so what do they do? They pay pseudo-scientists to pretend to be scientists to put out the message: ‘This climate thing, it’s nonsense. Man-made CO2 doesn’t trap heat. It may be volcanoes.’ Bullshit! ‘It may be sun spots.’ Bullshit! ‘It’s not getting warmer.’ Bullshit!” Gore exclaimed.
And yes, there is audio:
So what about Gore’s claims of “BS?” Marc Morano over at Climate Depot — who characterized Gore’s rant as coming “unhinged” — debunks them:
Gore Claim: ‘It may be volcanoes.’ Bullshit!’
Reality Check: Gore has not been keeping up on the latest dat and peer-reviewed studies. Yes, volcanoes can and do have a big impact on global warming. See:
Flashback 2008 Study: ‘Lack of observed [volcanic] dust in atmosphere could be responsible for as much as .18 to .36 degrees F rise (about 1/3rd) in avg. temp since the 1960s’ — ‘Earth’s atmosphere is comparatively free of volcanic dust, and that relatively large amounts of sunlight are being refracted through the Earth’s atmosphere’
New NASA paper in peer-reviewed Geophysical Research Letters contradicts Kaufmann et al saying it’s volcanoes, not China coal: ‘Observed trend is mainly driven by a series of moderate but increasingly intense volcanic eruptions’
Gore Claim: ‘It may be sun spots.’ Bullshit!’
Reality Check: Gore simply is trapped in the Co2 or bust mode of thinking. See:
Flashback Sept. 2009: ‘Sun Sleeps’: Danish Solar Scientist Svensmark declares ‘global warming has stopped and a cooling is beginning…enjoy global warming while it lasts’ — Svensmark called it 2 years ago! Sun is ‘heading towards ‘a grand minimum’ as we saw in Little Ice Age’
Flashback: UN IPCC Global Warming Scandal: ‘Consensus’ on Sun is One Expert — ‘The IPCC relied on evidence supplied by just only one Solar Physicist, Judith Lean, to create their “consensus that solar influence upon the climate was minimal’
Stagnating Temperatures: Climatologists Baffled by Global Warming Time-Out — Global warming appears to have stalled. Climatologists are puzzled as to why average global temperatures have stopped rising over the last 10 years. Some attribute the trend to a lack of sunspots, while others explain it through ocean currents. – ‘The fact is that the sun is weakening slightly. Its radiation activity is currently at a minimum, as evidenced by the small number of sunspots on its surface. According to calculations performed by a group of NASA scientists led by David Rind, which were recently published in the journal Geophysical Research Letters, this reduced solar activity is the most important cause of stagnating global warming’
Goodbye Sunspots?: Sun may become spotless for decades — ‘a phenomenon that in 17th century coincided with a prolonged period of cooling on Earth’ — ‘Sunspots disappeared almost entirely between 1645 and 1715 during a period called the Maunder Minimum, which coincided with decades of lower-than-normal temperatures in Europe nicknamed the Little Ice Age.’
[Climate Depot note: It is not simply, the sun or Co2 when looking at global temperatures, it is the Sun, volcanoes, tilt of the Earth's axis, water vapor, methane, clouds, ocean cycles, land use, etc. Climate change is governed by hundreds of factors, or variables, not just CO2. See: UK Professor Emeritus of Biogeography Philip Stott of the University of London explains the crux of the entire global warming debate and rebuts the notion that CO2 is the main climate driver.
"As I have said, over and over again, the fundamental point has always been this: climate change is governed by hundreds of factors, or variables, and the very idea that we can manage climate change predictably by understanding and manipulating at the margins one politically-selected factor (CO2), is as misguided as it gets," Stott wrote in 2008.]
That’s just a taste. You can read more from Morano here.
So if that’s not really “BS” then what is? The site Hockey Schtick has a theory. According to the London Telegraph, Gore has invested heavily in green energy technology and may stand to make a fortune the more people fear climate change:
The move means that venture capital company Kleiner Perkins and its partners, including Mr Gore, could recoup their investment many times over in coming years.
Few people have been as vocal about the urgency of global warming and the need to reinvent the way the world produces and consumes energy as Mr Gore. And few have put as much money behind their advocacy and are as well positioned to profit from this green transformation, if and when it comes.
It’s getting hot in here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 496 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 479 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 467 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 382 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 318 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video Read More
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 182 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 312 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 125 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 121 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Weiner gets started stumping in NYC mayoral race
- Obama lifts ban on Guantanamo transfers to Yemen
- Boy Scouts vote on policy toward openly gay boys
- Stocks edge lower as investors reassess Fed fears
- Smooth confirmation hearing for Pritzker
- Mary J. Blige faces $3.4M federal tax lien in NJ
- Pandora posts in-line 1Q loss, upbeat sales
- Swim coach sentenced to 7 years for sex abuse