Beck Launches Week of ‘Restoring Courage’ Events From Israel
As the sun eased it’s way into the Mediterranean horizon Sunday evening, Glenn Beck greeted an enthusiastic crowd of over 3,000 at the Caesarea Amphiteater: “Welcome to the land of milk and honey!”
Beck’s week of “Restoring Courage” events began with a religiously themed evening entitled “The Courage to Love.”
Scroll down for more pictures and for a special slideshow click here
Early in the program Beck was joined on the stage by historian David Barton who told the crowd they were “sitting in the middle of history.”
Grammy-nominated vocalist Vernessa Mitchell was accompanied by an ensemble of Israeli singers and musicians.
In the first half of the program the audience heard passionate remarks by author Mike Evans and Florida pastor Tom Mullins.
Mullins challenged the capacity crowd:
“It’s time for the people of faith to stand with a courage that flows from God’s deep love and defend Israel!
We are gathered in the very spot, where, centuries ago, the faith of the Apostle Paul was put on trial. Paul resolutely refused to compromise the truth of his faith. He stood with great courage and embraced his destiny; and his life had profound, eternal impact on the world.”
Rabbi Shlomo Riskin defined “courage” in contrast with its “fraternal twin” strength:
“Strength is physical prowess: Courage is spiritual sensitivity.
Strength is rooted in selfish self aggrandizement, hell-bent on taking over and dominating “other” on destroying one’s enemy.
Courage is rooted in self sacrifice, Heaven-sent to give to and share with “other” to turn one’s hated enemy into one’s beloved friend.
Strength revels in power.
Courage reaches out in love.”
Indeed, Courage begets and demands love; the very Hebrew word for love Ahava, derives from the root verb HAV which means to give.
Pastor John Hagee spoke just before Beck’s concluding remarks:
“We have come tonight to say to the people of Israel, you are still the apple of God’s eye, you are still the chosen people, you are still the covenant people, you are still cherished the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.”
Beck began his final talk by asking the audience to “Honor these people who have honored God for so long.”
While noting that many in the crowd had come at “great expense,” he praised those who had come at “great risk” to their personal safety.
Mindful that some had predicted the events of “Restoring Courage” would bring “chaos and mayhem,” Beck joked, “It’s the Middle East — how would they know!”
To make it clear that his intention that the week’s events be non-political, Beck declared, “The God of Abraham ain’t running for office.”
“Are you standing where God asks you to stand?” Beck advised everyone present to be prepared to “make a declaration” in a week where he said he expected to see “miracles.”
Here are some pictures from the early moments of the program.
This post will be updated throughout the evening.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 525 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 465 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 453 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 335 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 272 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 147 Comments
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Father of man shot in Boston probe shares regrets
- 20 killed in 2 simultaneous car bombs in Niger
- West Bank and romance prominent in 'Omar'
- German opposition party marks bittersweet 150th
- Oil down to near $93 on Chinese recovery concerns
- UK official: Suspects part of previous probes
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recovery
- For Philadelphia bicyclist, a cat is his co-pilot