Kansas St. University Unveils ‘EcoKat’ Mascot…and Beck Viewers May Recognize the Logo
If only there were a masked, teased-haired, purple gloved, cape-wearing cheerleader to get college students to cut their energy usage and start using efficient lightbulbs.
She’s here. And just wait until you see her and her partner’s new logo.
Introducing Kansas State University’s newest mascot…EcoKat!
EcoKat is Kansas State’s “crusader of conservation and fanatic of fluorescent lightbulbs” and she’s here to “make sure K-State stays on the path to green.”
She wears an outfit made of 90 percent repurposed materials, mostly from the athletics department. According to the university’s website, eco-friendly dyes make the get-up “entirely sustainable and recyclable within K-State.”
Joining forces with existing mascot Willie the Wildcat, the pair form the “EcoEnforcers,” who are on a mission to teach students what they can do conserve. Kansas State is hoping to cut energy usage by 15 percent over the next four years.
Watch EcoKat pump students up to participate in an energy-saving challenge against Kansas University:
Incidentally, the EcoEnforcers “E2″ logo looks an awful lot like the logos for Glenn Beck’s “E4″ solution, unveiled in January, representing enlightenment, education, empowerment and entrepreneurship.
Also, it looks like it might not be entirely smooth sailing for EcoKat. Her debut this week was met with a fair amount of online ridicule and has already sparked at least one parody account on Twitter.
“#EcoKat makes me want to leave my porch light on 24hours and drive two blocks to the gas station for a pack of gum,” one Twitter user wrote.
Another said, “In honor of #EcoKat, I will separate my plastics, glass and aluminum from one another… then put them in the trash anyways.”
“If you thought generic brand easy mac sucked, wait till you read about ecokat,” one user said. Another described it as “a new low for kstate.”
So tell us, would EcoKat make you go green?
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 527 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 466 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 453 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 338 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Terrorism, London Machete Attack: ‘A Hand-Maiden of Islamic Terrorism’ Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 272 Comments
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- 5 dead in Lebanon clash of Assad foes, backers
- AP Interview: Rogge praises wrestling's changes
- Restaurant torched in 4th night of Sweden riots
- Man shot by FBI had ties to Boston bombing suspect
- Ralph Lauren's 4Q profit rises 35 pct
- Father of man shot in Boston probe shares regrets
- Russian court denies Pussy Riot's Alekhina parole
- Britain: Soldier slaying suspects had been probed