Teen Flash Mob Attacks Convenience Store Clerk in Dallas
Surveillance footage has been released after a flash mob of Dallas teenagers attacked a convenience store clerk, kicking and punching him, and stealing goods off the shelves.
C.J. Thomas, the store clerk, was behind the counter on Aug. 26 when dozens of teens descended on the store in a matter of minutes just after 10 p.m., WFAA-TV reported.
“There was more coming in than going out,” Thomas told the station. “Once they realized how many were in there, one of the students started throwing stuff and screamed out. Everything after that went crazy.”
Footage shows teens throwing bottles around the store at one another. Thomas said he ran to the front door to try to close it when he noticed teens stealing, but couldn’t hold back the crowd.
“In the process of them walking out, tried to stop a student with a lot of things in his hands and when I tried to do that, he shoved me out into the parking lot and swung at me,” Thomas said.
Thomas said several men pushed him to the ground and started beating him.
“I was terrified,” he said. “At first, I thought I would be able to get back into the store, and once they got me on the ground, I thought they were going to kill me.”
He said two girls eventually stepped in to stop the men, which he believes saved his life. In all, he suffered cuts on his nose, eyes and lip, as well as a bruised rib and bicep.
Police are investigating the incident as an aggravated robbery assault. Thomas said he hopes the video will inspire people to come forward.
“If you all have any idea who did this, please put their names out there, ’cause if they don’t get caught, they are going to do it again,” Thomas said.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 467 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 451 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 433 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 295 Comments
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 215 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 144 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 130 Comments
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- Lawyer: Malaysian accused of rape married the girl
- Survey shows China manufacturing contracting
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Octogenarians race to be oldest Everest climber
- Penguins rout Senators 7-3, take 3-1 series lead
- 1 child dead, 1 missing in Minn. park landslide
- Weiner launches comeback bid to become NYC mayor