Father of Flight 93 Hero Todd Beamer Reflects on Son Storming Cockpit, Shouting ‘Let’s Roll’
We will all remember Todd Beamer — the heroic young man who shouted “let’s roll” as he and fellow passengers stormed the cockpit of hijacked United Airlines flight 93 on September 11, 2001.
Beamer — who left behind two young sons and a pregnant wife — along with fellow passengers, attempted to divert the aircraft, veering it off-course from its target. Tragically, the plane crashed in Shanksville, Pennsylvania.
Audio of that chilling moment has recently been released.
Since that mournful day, Beamer’s father, David, has become an outspoken and passionate advocate for his son and in educating the public about Flight 93.
During a segment on Fox News Friday, Beamer said that while the recordings serve as a reminder of 9/11, Americans need to know who the enemy is. He added that the public cannot forget because it is reminded daily of the threats present, and by being on heightened alert at all times.
Beamer, who believes the nation is doing its best to ready itself to combat and prevent another terror event said he doesn’t think the public is doing a good job defending itself against the “tactic of infiltration” being used by our enemy — militant Islamists, and Muslims who sympathize with the perpetrators of the September 11 attacks. “They don’t want us to salute …the stars and stripes…they want us to salute the flag of Islam,” Beamer said.
He also singled out the Council for American Islamic Relations (CAIR) for particular scorn stating the acronym instead stands for, “Constantly Advancing Islamic Regime.”
Beamer believes the American public is “in denial” about what “their tactic of infiltration will do to our republic.”
Beamer also spoke of his son, however, stating, “We’re very proud of Todd and 39 other free people on Flight 93 that day. They had the opportunity to fight back. They did, it was a counter-attack, and it was a victory.”
“There’s a hole in our family just like so many, many other families. Not only that day, but in the days and the years since, where so many brave Americans in carrying on the fight to protect our liberty and freedom and defend our Constitution, have sacrificed their all.”
Watch Beamer’s poignant reflections below:
(h/t: Fox News Insider)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,030 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 434 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 309 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 249 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 135 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 224 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal Read More
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 132 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Spurs blow late lead, beat Grizzlies 93-89 in OT
- Sharks tie series with 2-1 win over Kings
- Portland, Ore., rejecting water fluoridation
- North Korea sends leader's special envoy to China
- Early vote points to close race as LA picks mayor
- Straily, Cespedes push A's past Rangers 1-0
- Apple case seen as possible spur to tax action
- Bernanke testimony to be studied for policy clues