Report: Third ‘Fast and Furious’ Gun Linked to Border Agent’s Killing
New documents have emerged that contradict the previous government claim that only two weapons tied to the Fast and Furious investigation were found at the crime scene, according to Fox News.
If true, these revelations could lead to serious criminal charges, including obstruction of justice, tampering with evidence, and making false official statements.
Fox’s sources have claimed the FBI covered up evidence from the Brian Terry murder crime scene to protect a confidential informant. According to those same sources, the reason the FBI would go to such lengths to protect an informant if because he/she:
“Works inside a major Mexican cartel and provided the money to obtain the weapons used to kill Terry. Unlike the two AK-style assault weapons found at the scene, the third weapon could more easily be linked to the informant. To prevent that from happening, sources say, the third gun “disappeared.”"
There are also a series of emails Fox has obtained from the hours after Terry was killed on Dec. 14, 2010, that top ATF officials wrote that appear to indicate knowledge of a third weapon. In one email, an intelligence analyst wrote that:
“She had successfully traced two weapons at the scene, and is now “researching the trace status of firearms recovered earlier today by the FBI.”"
In a response to that email, deputy ATF-Phoenix director George Gillett asks:
“Are those two (AK-47s) in addition to the gun already recovered this morning?”
When Fox showed the emails to a former federal prosecutor, the response was shock. “I have never seen anything like this,” he said, ”I can see the FBI may have an informant involved but I can’t see them tampering with evidence. If this is all accurate, I’m stunned.”
The FBI declined to comment on specific questions relayed by Fox, and directed reporters to existing court records. So far, those records only reflect two Fast and Furious guns at the crime scene of Brian Terry.
A lawyer for Brian Terry’s family told Fox News that :
“The family wants answers. They’d like to put this to rest and put closure to exactly what happened to Brian.”
Meanwhile, a Congressional investigation into the Fast and Furious scandal is ongoing.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 439 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 420 Comments
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 380 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 320 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 151 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 132 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 124 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 238 Comments
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 247 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 115 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- WW II photo-documentarian Wayne Miller dies at 94
- Broke no laws, IRS official says _ then takes 5th
- Zach Johnson always feels good at Colonial
- House passes GOP bill to speed pipeline approval
- HP's 2Q offers hope even as revenue slump deepens
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Mexico cartel dominates, torches western state
- Union power at issue as Garcetti elected LA mayor