New Anti-Palin Book’s Wild Claims: Cocaine Use & Multiple Affairs
Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin isn’t a stranger to controversy. From Troopergate to conspiracy theories about her son Trig’s birth, John McCain’s 2008 running mate is well-versed in setting the second straight. And that’s a good thing, because the hits just keep on coming.
An upcoming book that is set for release later this month makes some wild allegations about the politician — accusations that are sure to inspire debate, disbelief and plenty of reaction. The book “The Rogue: Searching for the Real Sarah Palin,” written by Joe McGinniss, claims that Palin once snorted cocaine with her husband. This purported drug use allegedly took place while Palin and her husband, Todd, were snowboarding with friends (the author claims the two snorted the drug off of an overturned oil drum).
At another point in the book, McGinniss writes that Palin once secretly smoked marijuana as well. Adding flavor to the story, she allegedly used the drug with a professor at her college. As if these charges weren’t enough to send heads spinning, the book also alleges that Palin engaged in at least two affairs. Mail Online has more:
Mrs Palin, 47, had a one-night stand with Miami Heat basketball star Glen Rice less than a year before she eloped with her husband, the book claims.
She is said to have met the 6ft 8ins player in 1987 when he was playing in a college basketball tournament in Alaska and she worked as a sports reporter for KTUU television.
It is also claimed that she had a six month affair with Brad Hanson, who ran a snowmobile dealership with her husband Todd – a betrayal which led to Todd dissolving their business.
Rice is said to have confirmed the incident. The book goes on to quote friends who have known the Palins for years. Apparently, these individuals believe that the former governor was a bad mother.
McGinness’ book, which will be released on September 20, has long been anticipated. Some may recall the fact that the author, who has made no bones about his attempt to expose Palin, rented a home next door to her Wasilla, Alaska, residence last year. Since completing “The Rogue,” he has left the area.
In 2010′s TLC program, “Sarah Palin’s Alaska,” McGinness made an “appearance” (watch below):
Also, in a 2010 interview with NBC’s “The Today Show,” McGinness said:
“The power Palin has to incite hatred and her willingness and readiness to do it… She has pushed a button and unleashed the hounds of hell and now that they’re out there slavering, and barking and growling. And that’s the same kind of tactic, and I’m not calling her a Nazi, but that’s the same kind of tactic that the Nazi troopers used in Germany in the ’30s and I don’t think there’s any place for it America.”
Watch his words, here:
Some would certainly contend that McGinness is engaging in some questionable tactics. It will be intriguing to see how the media and citizens, alike, react to these starting allegations.
Whether the book will have an impact on her political career, should she choose to continue one, is yet to be seen.
(h/t Mail Online)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 474 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 449 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 425 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 332 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 317 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ Read More
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 113 Comments
- Faith-Healing Parents Charged With Murder for Refusing Kids’ Medical Care — Should They Go to Prison? Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 113 Comments
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets That Can Turn You Into a Detective Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- Austria wants EU arms embargo to Syria extended
- Multiple aftershocks follow 5.7 quake in N. Calif.
- UK arrests 2 men over incident with Pakistan plane
- World stocks lower after big sell-off
- Zimbabwe activist: Prisoners denied AIDS drugs
- Niger defense minister: Hostages freed in Agadez
- Steely Cotillard shines in 'The Immigrant'
- Czech police say US suspect in 4 murders arrested